COVID Relief Technology Access
Through collaborative efforts with Student Academic Success, the Dean of Students office, UofM Libraries, and ITS, we are able to offer technology for students to check out to assist with virtual classes. Check McWherter Library hours before visiting. Questions? Call the McWherter Library Checkout Desk at 901.678.2205 or email email@example.com.
Laptops with webcams are available to check out for a period of one semester. Below are the policies and procedures for semester-loan laptops as of May 1, 2022.
- During the summer, semester-loan laptops will ONLY be available to check out May 23 – August 4, 2022 (Full Summer Term and one week before term) and must be returned on or before Friday, August 12, 2022.
- During the fall, semester-loan laptops will ONLY be available to check out August 15 – November 30, 2022 (Full Fall Term and one week before term) and must be returned on or before Friday, December 16, 2022.
- To check out a semester-loan laptop, you must:
- Be an undergraduate student.
- Submit an online request form.
- Be enrolled in summer courses to check out a semester-loan laptop during the summer.
- Once you submit a request form:
- We will receive your request and you will be notified if a laptop is available within two (2) business days.
- If a laptop is available, bring your UofM ID to the Checkout Desk (McWherter Library, 1st floor) to pick up your laptop.
- You will be required to sign a waiver, which you can view beforehand here: Loaner Laptop Policy and Liability Statement (PDF).
- If you do not return your laptop by the due date, a late fee of $10 per day will be added to your account (after a 5-day grace period).
- Please log in to the laptop with your UUID and password BEFORE leaving the library.
- Students are not allowed to install programs and apps on the laptop.
- Please do not save your work on the laptop.
- Call (901) 678-8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with the laptop.
- Laptops are also available to check out for 4-hour periods. View additional policies and guidelines. Check for available laptops.
- Calculators, charger cords, headphones, art tablets, audio recorders, cameras, microphones, projectors and more are also available to check out. Learn more here.
Students with other needs and concerns should contact the Dean of Students Office.