Parchment is our electronic transcript online ordering service that allows you to request official University of Memphis (UofM) transcripts online and gives you the option of having them delivered electronically, sent via USPS, FedEx-ed with a valid FedEx account number. (For a list of general transcript FAQs not specific to Parchment, refer to Transcripts and Grades FAQ.)
- UofM has partnered with Parchment to provide a safe, secure, and efficient manner
of ordering and delivering electronic transcripts.
- Any current or former student can request their UofM transcript online.
- A certified pdf transcript may be sent to any recipient you choose. However, you must
confirm that the recipient has an email address and will consider an electronic transcript
to be official.
- Your electronic transcript is delivered in an encrypted .pdf format to a secure website
for the recipient to access. The transcript ordering process requires that you provide
an email address for the intended recipient who will receive an email notification
that your transcript is ready for pick up at the specific URL named in the email notification.
- Parchment has been designed to work with all major browsers, but it is recommended that you use the current browser release.
Why am I being asked to complete a FERPA release form? (Former Student)
Since you no longer have, or have never had, an active myMemphis portal account, your identity cannot be validated through the portal. FERPA regulations prevent UofM from releasing your educational records to any third party without your written consent. Thus, you must complete and submit the release form. But completing the form is a one-time requirement; you will not have to complete it for subsequent requests.
- A $2.85 non-refundable service fee is charged for each transcript requested. If you
request that a hard copy of your transcript be delivered by FedEx, additional charges
- The service fee for Parchment is charged when transcripts are ordered. No refunds
will be issued.
- Parchment accepts credit or debit payments through all major credit cards—Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- Upon submitting an order through Parchment, emails will be sent to you confirming
that: (1) your order has been submitted, (2) that your transcript has been sent, and
(3) that your transcript has been received by the recipient.
- You may check on the status of your transcript order by returning to the Parchment
- Once your order is submitted, it must be reviewed and processed by the Registrar's
Office. Processing times may vary based on the number of orders received daily, but
normal processing time is 1–3 business days. If there are no problems with the request,
the electronically delivered transcript will be delivered minutes after it is processed.
- If you requested that your transcript be sent electronically, contact the receiver.
- If you requested that your transcript be sent by USPS First Class mail, please allow
sufficient time for delivery.
- If you requested that your transcript be sent by an express delivery service, use
your tracking number to determine the delivery status and direct inquiries/complaints
to the express delivery service.
- Your UofM ID number is required to order transcripts but your Social Security Number
may be used as an alternative. If you are an international student without a social
security number and do not know your UofM ID number, contact the Registrar’s Office
at 901.678.3927 for guidance.
- Check the status of your request. If the UofM Registrar has not processed your request
yet, then contact the Registrar's Office with regard to changing the information.
Be prepared to supply information from your Parchment receipt. If the order has been
processed, then you will have to make another request; you will be charged a new processing
- You may upload as many as 5 attachments when making your transcript request. You must
upload the files during the same session in which you make your request. The attachments
will be included with the transcript when delivered electronically or by mail.
- You have the option to order online but pick up in person.
- Standard processing time is 1–3 business days but electronic transcripts can be delivered
- Parchment provides the option of delivery by FedEx, so if you have a valid FedEx account, you may select the FedEx delivery option. If you use some other courier service, you will need to contact the Registrar at 901.678.3927 to arrange for special delivery options. FedEx is the only courier delivery option available within Parchment.