Unofficial Transcript

If you simply want a transcript for your own personal reference, you do not need an official transcript at all. You can use Student Self Service to view and print your unofficial Academic Transcript instead.


  1. Because the Self Service Academic Transcript is web-based, it can retrieve only courses that you took in Fall 1988 or later. Courses taken prior to Fall 1988 are stored on microfilm and cannot be retrieved online. If you need courses from Summer 1988 and earlier, you will have to request an official transcript.

  2. You will not be able to view your unofficial transcript if a “transcript hold” has been placed on your account. You will have to contact the office that placed the hold to determine how to remove it. For more information, see Viewing Holds.

  3. Viewing your unofficial transcript requires an active myMemphis portal account. If you no longer have an active portal account, contact the ITS Service Desk at 901.678.8888.