Student Consent to Release Education Record

If you are a University of Memphis student, you may authorize the release of your record to someone other than a University of Memphis employee. In order for the University to release these records, it must have your consent.

What does your record include? See Inventory of Academic and Student Education Records.

To give your consent:

  1. Complete and sign a Student Consent to Release Education Record Information form. You may complete the form in our office, email the completed form to registrar@memphis.edu using your official UofM email account, or mail us the completed form. Our mailing address is:

    University of Memphis
    Assistant Registrar - Student Records
    003 Wilder Tower
    Memphis, TN 38152-3520
  2. Provide a photo ID—driver's license, UofM ID card, etc.—as proof of your identity. If you make the request in our office, be sure to bring your ID with you. If you mail or email us a completed form, you must include a copy of your picture ID. We cannot process your release request without proof of your identity.


You may revoke your consent after you have given it. Bring a signed, written request to Student Records. Be sure you bring a photo ID (student ID or drivers license) as well.