The Intermodal Freight Transportation Institute (IFTI) addresses critical issues affecting the planning, design and operation of the nation's intermodal freight transportation systems.
The IFTI vision is to be a nationally recognized leader in linking people to solutions in freight and logistics through research, education and technology transfer activities.
Who We Are
IFTI offers an administrative home for a wide range of multi-disciplinary research and curricular initiatives as well as public-private partnership endeavors collectively designed to provide national leadership on issues related to intermodal freight transportation. IFTI addresses critical issues affecting the planning, design and operation of the nation's intermodal freight transportation systems with an emphasis on the intermodal issues that have local significance with national and international implications. Download the IFTI Informational Packet.
Click title for link to news story
- 12.5.2016, Transport Topics, Tennessee DOT Chief Says Driverless Technology Poses Challenges for Road Planners
- 12.2.2016 Commercial Appeal, DOT chief says driverless technology poses challenges
- 11.29.16, Logistics for the Life Sciences, FedEx Institute of Technology & IFTI to Hold Biologistics Event This Week
- 9.1.16, Stephanie Ivey Joins Transportation Industry Council of St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank
- 7.28.16, The Memphis Daily News, Mallory Taps Houston for Panama Canal Expansion
- 2.29.16, Memphis Business Journal, Transpo conference aims to put more women behind the wheel
2.18.16, The Commercial Appeal, Tough sledding ahead for freight? Local expert sees slowdown
2.16.16, The Commercial Appeal, Freight expert touts Norfolk Southern yard
- 1.22.2016, GUESS FM, Biologistics Lightening Talks at the University of Memphis
- 1.20.2016, Commercial Appeal, U of M launches push into biologistics research