Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees are calculated for full time enrollment (12 credits per semester) for one full academic year (Fall and Spring semesters).
|2016-2017 Academic Year||Tuition||Fees||Total|
Student Retention and Graduation
Retention and Graduation Rates
- Percentage of degree-seeking City and Regional Planning Master's students who began in fall 2015 and continued into fall 2016: 100%
- Percentage of degree-seeking Master's students who began in fall 2014 and continued into fall 2015: 67%
- Percentage of Master's students graduating within 4 years, entering in 2013: 91%
- Percentage of Master's students graduating within 4 years, entering in 2012: 63%
Number of Master of City & Regional Planning Graduates by Year
- 2016-2017: 10
- 2015-2016: 5
- 2014-2015: 17
- 2013-2014: 7
- 2012-2013: 10
AICP EXAM PASS RATE
To become a certified planner, members of the American Planning Association (APA) must meet certain education and experience requirements and pass the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) exam. The pass rate is the percentage of test takers who pass the examination within 3 years of graduating from a master's program.
* indicates that no graduates from these years have taken then exam yet.
Employment Placement and ALUMNI SUCCESS
The employment rate measures the percentage of MCRP graduates who obtain planning positions or elect to pursue an advanced degree within one year of graduation.
Of our 2016 graduates, 85 percent were employed in full-time planning or planning-related positions within one year of graduation. Our most recent graduate are working in the following capacities:
- Planner/Project Manager, Baxter and Associates Urban Planning Consultants (Oxford, MS)
- Transit Planner, Memphis Area Transit Authority
- Assistant City Planner, City of Starkville (MS)
- Engineering Analyst, Alliance Transportation Group (Austin, TX)
- Planning and Development Office, Fayette County (TN)
- Community Development Coordinator, City of West Memphis (AR)
- Neighborhood Planner, Richland County (SC)
In addition to the employment rate and AICP exam pass rate presented above, the Departments uses two other measures to monitor student learning.
Percent of alumni from last 3 years (2015-2017) who agree or strongly agree with the followings statements
- My experience in the Master of City and Regional Planning program provided me with skills and knowledge that help me (or will help me) confront complex problems in planning and community development: 92%
- My experience in the Master of City and Regional Planning program has prepared me to influence change in the community in which I practice: 96%
Examples of the success and community impact of our recent graduates can be found in our latest Annual Report.