MALS – Hospitality Management Admissions Process
Currently, the Hospitality Management Graduate Program is offered as a Masters in Liberal Studies with a focus on Hospitality Management. Therefore, the steps to applying to the program are as follows:
1. Application for admission: Apply to the MALS Program electronically by going to the following link: http://www.memphis.edu/admissions/apply.php . Please note that there is currently no Hospitality management option under the MALS Program when you apply. You should simply apply to the MALS Program and follow the next step described below.
2. The Application Essay and Letters of Recommendation: As soon as possible after applying to the Graduate School, students interested in the MALS – Hospitality Management Program should submit to Hospitality Management Program Coordinator, Dr. Radesh Palakurthi at firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
a. Two, official letters of recommendation, preferably from previous or current instructors who can attest to the student’s capacity for graduate work.
b. An application essay that addresses the following points:
i. Why is the MALS Hospitality Management Program the best choice for pursuing your personal and intellectual goals?
ii. How have your academic and professional experiences prepared you for this program?
iii. Why do you think you are a good candidate for the MALS Hospitality Management Program?
3. An interview by the KWS Director or graduate faculty may be requested if it is deemed necessary for further review of the application for admission. The interviews could be conducted through teleconference or other digital means.
4. Once we have all the information we need, we will make a decision about your admission status and let the Graduate College know. The Graduate College will in turn inform you about your admission status and the next steps you should take.
5. Please note that we currently do not require GRE or GMAT score for applying to our program.
I hope that helps and I thank you for your interest in our program. I look forward to your application.