The University of Memphis has chosen Academic Excellence for the QEP in order to improve students' retention and success by implementing an academic coaching program for at-risk students.
Goals of the plan include:
- (1) Help students to develop a clear vision of their own goals and degree path.
- (2) Assist students in developing skills related to academic success, such as study skills, time management, and self-efficacy, and to connect them to other university resources and support personnel as needed.
These two goals are assessed by the following six student learning outcomes:
- Appropriate Campus Resources for Psychosocial and Academic Needs
- Ability to Utilize Technology Tools for Degree Planning
- Increase in Academic Self-Efficacy
- Identify a Career Goal and Academic Pathway to that Goal
- Express Sense of Connection and/or Engagement to the Institution
- Demonstrate Adequate Progress to Degree Completion