Campus Plans & Guidelines
As we have done throughout the course of the pandemic, the University of Memphis has followed latest national (CDC), state and local guidelines and directives for our campus.
The University will steadily increase campus density with 100% of our staff back to a regular on-campus schedule by July 1. Employees should work with supervisors and HR on requests for accommodations.
Buildings are open only to University of Memphis community members with appropriate access. Residence Halls are open to residents only.
Updated Safety Protocols
- Masks are required to be worn by all persons while indoors and in places where maintaining appropriate social distancing is not possible.
- All students, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Do not come to campus if you are experiencing symptoms, are in isolation or quarantine due to positive test results or exposure, pending test results, or have reason to believe you have come in contact with the virus.
- Daily symptom monitoring and self-reporting of positive test results are required. View requirements and instructions >
We will continue to monitor the community conditions and heed all recommended CDC guidelines and Shelby County Health Department directives. Updates will be provided on a regular basis.
Fall 2021 Updates
- We are pleased that current information suggests we will return safely to face-to-face classes this fall with normal seating capacities.
- Our campus facilities (residence halls, dining outlets, student recreation center, etc.) will be open and offer a full range of activities and the traditional higher education experience that our students expect.
- If, for some reason, in-person attendance this fall will not be possible for you, please choose online classes that will allow you to continue your studies.
Policies & Procedures
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Review policies related to health and safety procedures.
Our guidelines will be rooted in safety for our faculty, staff and students.
Workforce & Facilities Committees Plan
Guidelines for working on campus and facility protocols.
Risk Mitigation in On-Ground Instruction and Research Work Group Plan
Options to mitigate risks in conducting instruction and research in a face-to-face setting.
Remote Instruction Committee Plan
Best practices to equip our students, faculty and staff to effectively work remotely.
Student Support and Student Life Committee Plan
Ideas and best practices for preserve student support and student life.
On-Campus Dining Guidelines
Learn more about dining options and meal plans at memphis.edu/dining.
Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 FAQs for Universities
FAQs related to preventative measures, quarantine guidelines, tracking and other protocols.
Tennessee Higher Education Commission Guidelines for Higher Education
THEC released guidelines for universities to use in reopening their campuses.