Campus Plans & Guidelines
As we have done throughout the course of the pandemic, the University of Memphis has followed latest national (CDC), state and local guidelines and directives for our campus.
Classes will resume as originally scheduled on Tuesday, January 18.
The University has proceeded with a regular on-campus schedule as of July 1, 2021. (Employees should work with supervisors and HR on requests for accommodations.) Buildings are open only to University of Memphis community members with appropriate access. Residence Halls are open to residents only.
Updated Safety Protocols
- Masks are strongly recommended to be worn by all persons while indoors and in places
where maintaining appropriate social distancing is not possible.
- Faculty who are delivering on-campus instruction may remove their face mask/covering to teach, provided they are located within a delineated teaching area that is no less than 6 feet from students.
- All students, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Learn more >
- Do not come to campus if you are experiencing symptoms, are in isolation or quarantine due to positive test results or exposure, pending test results, or have reason to believe you have come in contact with the virus.
- Daily symptom monitoring and self-reporting of positive test results are required. View requirements and instructions >
We will continue to monitor the community conditions and heed all recommended CDC guidelines and Shelby County Health Department directives. Updates will be provided on a regular basis.
Policies & Procedures
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Review policies related to health and safety procedures. (Last updated 1/14/22)
Our guidelines will be rooted in safety for our faculty, staff and students.
Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 FAQs for Universities
FAQs related to preventative measures, quarantine guidelines, tracking and other protocols.