Earn Your Doctoral Degree
While requirements vary for some programs, such as portofolios, auditions, etc., the following are minimum standards.
- A Baccalaureate or Master's Degree as specified by the program
- Applicants must provide an official transcript showing an earned bachelor's or master's degree, depending on program requirements. (Students who received bachelor's degrees from the University of Memphis may disregard this requirement.) In cases, where a program’s accrediting body allows alternate admissions standards, exceptions may be made.
- The degree must have been awarded by an accredited college or university.
- Only transcripts received directly from an issuing institution are considered official.
- Entrance Examinations*
- Visit the appropriate program in the Graduate School directory for information on which tests and what scores are acceptable. Scores on MAT exams written in less than 2 month intervals are not acceptable.
- *Some programs may waive the entrance examination requirement for applicants with exceptional credentials, extensive professional experience, or a prior graduate degree from an accredited institution. These waivers are at the discretion of the academic program. Check individual program descriptions for details.
= Offered Online
|APPROVED ACADEMIC MAJORS||AREAS OF CONCENTRATION||DEGREES|
Business Information and Technology
|Communication Sciences & Disorders||Hearing Sciences & Disorders
Speech Language Sciences & Disorders
|Counselor Education and Supervision||PhD|
|Educational Psychology & Research||PhD|
Literary & Cultural Studies
Writing, Rhetoric, and Technical Communication
|Epidemiology and Biostatistics||Epidemiology||PhD|
|Health Systems & Policy||PhD|
|Higher & Adult Education||Adult Education
|History||Ancient Egyptian History||PhD|
|Instruction & Curriculum Leadership||Early Childhood Education
Instruction & Curriculum
Instruction Design & Technology
|Leadership & Policy Studies||Educational Leadership
|Mathematical Sciences||Applied Statistics
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||PhD|
|Urban Affairs (beginning fall 2021)||PhD|
Abbreviations of Degrees Offered
- AuD - Doctor of Audiology
- DLS - Doctor of Liberal Studies
- DMA - Doctor of Musical Arts
- DSW - Doctor of Social Work
- EdD - Doctor of Education
- EdS - Education Specialist
- PhD - Doctor of Philosophy