Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
The Loewenberg College of Nursing PhD Program is a seven-semester (3.5 years), full-time program offered online. The PhD program prepares nurse researchers, scholars, and educators in academic nursing and/or healthcare settings. PhD graduates will be prepared to conduct health equity research through experimentation and theory application, and thus will generate knowledge to impact education, practice, and policy. Student who possess an unencumbered RN license or equivalent with an earned Master's degree or higher are eligible to apply. The PhD program in Nursing offered by the University of Memphis Loewenberg College of Nursing is a terminal research degree that prepares nurses to conduct research in academic nursing and healthcare settings. We invite you to learn more about the program.
Loewenberg College of Nursing PhD Program Brochure
The PhD program in Nursing offered by the University of Memphis Loewenberg College of Nursing is a terminal research degree that prepares nurses to conduct research in academic nursing and healthcare settings. We invite you to learn more about the program. Click here to view the PhD Program Brochure.
Graduates of the PhD program will be prepared to:
- Conduct rigorous nursing and interdisciplinary research
- Generate new knowledge that guides nursing practice
- Lead research in educational program, clinical education, and learn evaluations to prepare future nurses
For detailed information about the PhD program, including policies, course names and descriptions, visit the Graduate Catalog.
- To qualify for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Nursing, the student must complete a minimum of 48 semester hours of graduate coursework beyond the Master's degree.
- No more than seven (7) credit hours in which a grade of C or below was earned will be counted toward degree requirements.
- Students must maintain an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required for graduation, and grades of D or F will not apply toward the graduate degree.
Tuition and Fees
For the most current information regarding tuition, visit the University & Student Business Services.
|Dr. Genae Strong
Director, PhD Program