To apply to The University of Memphis, follow the instructions below. Please contact the International Student Services Office after your admission to the University. The ISS Office does not directly handle international admission applications but will answer any questions regarding the admission process.
Undergraduate Admissions: https://www.memphis.edu/admissions/international/req_ug_intl.php
- Apply for Admission as an Undergraduate International Student (for both First-Time Freshmen & First Time Transfer Students).
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($50 USD for undergraduate students) when your application is submitted.
- If you are a transfer student, you must have your college submit your transcript(s) to a NACES-accredited credentialing company and have a course-by-course evaluation done by that organization.
- Freshmen applicants should have a general education evaluation completed with a GPA calculation.
- There is a cost to the student for these assessments.
- The NACES organization chosen must send your original documents, along with their evaluation, to The University of Memphis.
- You should consider sending all of your documents at once to avoid multiple charges from the company that processes your records.
- No ACT or SAT score is required for international undergraduate students.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL score, or results from the IELTS test.
- All international students must submit a certificate of finance document, which establishes their ability to pay for school and living expenses while studying at the University.
- Health records must be provided within 30 days of the first day of classes showing that the student has met all mandatory immunization requirements. (NOTE: All international students must purchase a health insurance policy or provide proof of government sponsored health insurance before they will be allowed to enroll).
Graduate Admissions: https://www.memphis.edu/graduateadmissions/index.php
- Apply for Admission as a Graduate International Student.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($60 for graduate students).
- Prospective students must apply directly to the Graduate School; however, many academic units have separate departmental applications, different application deadlines and/or additional requirements for admission. Refer to program descriptions in the Graduate Catalog for more information on the requirements.
- For admission to a degree program, international applicants should allow at least four months for necessary documents to be processed by the appropriate degree program and the Graduate Admissions Office. All test scores and credential evaluations must be on file in the Graduate Admission Office (FedEx Institute of Technology Building, Suite 201) at least four months before the desired enrollment date.
- The GRE or GMAT is required for international graduate admission.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL, the IELTS test, or the Pearson Test of English (PTE).
- Applicants are urged to apply early to ensure full consideration. Applicants will be selected on a competitive basis and, therefore, admission will not be granted to all applicants who meet only the minimum requirements. Some departments require higher standards or additional items such as portfolios, proficiency examinations, auditions, etc. Please note that there are additional admission requirements for international students.
- When graduate admissions receives the application materials, an official file is established and then reviewed. Your requested department then reviews your application and makes a recommendation to Graduate Admissions. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been reached.
Law School Admissions: https://www.memphis.edu/law/admissions/