McWherter Library's 3rd Floor Audio Studio is still under development. The studio should be available for UofM student and employee use by January 2021.
In order to reserve and use the Audio Studio, you must take an online orientation. Once you complete the Audio Studio Orientation and sign the electronic waiver, it may take up to 48 hours for you to be approved in the Libraries system to reserve the Audio Studio.
Once you're approved to use the 3rd Floor Audio Studio, make a reservation.
Speech recording permitted; no instruments or singing permitted in the Audio Studio. Check out microphones and audio recorders to take out of McWherter Library or the Music Library if you need to record music. If library staff receive noise complaints from your recording session, you may not be permitted to reserve and use the Audio Studio.
Equipment in the Audio Studio:
- TigerLAN desktop with Avid Pro Tools, Audacity, Adobe Creative Suite
- 2 Rode NT1A studio microphones with pop shields
- 2 Tonor studio microphones with pop shields
- 4 sets of over-the-ear headphones
- Four-channel stereo headphone amplifier
Check out additional technology to use in the Audio Studio.