- PADM 7612 - Program and Policy Evaluation
- PADM 7607 - Public Management Leadership
- PADM 7641 - Theory/Practice Nonprofit Administration
Areas of Expertise:
- Nonprofit Workforce Development
- Executive Board Development
- Service Learning
Dr. Erin Nelson joined the Department of Public and Nonprofit Administration in August 2013. She received her M.P.A. and Ph.D., both with emphases in nonprofit management, from the Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Her research interest is in career decision-making, and examines how people learn about and select careers in the nonprofit sector. This research interest stems from her own experience as an "accidental nonprofiteer," and highlights the sometimes-unintentional nature of nonprofit careers. Erin also researches nonprofit career trajectories, nonprofit management education, and nonprofit leadership and talent development.