The University of Memphis Student Health Center highly recommends everyone get vaccinated to protect themselves and those around them against influenza. The immunization takes about 10 days for immunity to develop, so the sooner you are immunized, the better. Check with your doctor or another health care professional if you have questions about which vaccine you should get.
Flu shots will be administered by Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare Outreach at the UC Atrium (behind elevator) on Wednesday January 25, 2017 between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. Cost of the flu shot is $22.00.
- Please wear clothing which allows easy access to your upper arm area.
- BCBS, Cigna, Aetna, or Medicare insurance cards will be accepted as payment.
- Others may pay with cash, credit card, or check to Methodist Le Bonheur
- Receipts with coding will be given for you to file your claim with other insurances
Note: Prices and availability may change due to market conditions
Learn about everything you need to know about the flu illness, including symptoms, treatment and prevention on the CDC website.
- WASH YOUR HANDS with soap and water.
- COVER YOUR COUGH with your elbow.
- STAY AWAY FROM CROWDS when influenza is present.
- STAY HOME if you are diagnosed with the flu.