Applicants: Please note that the Philosophy Department deadline for receipt of all
graduate admission application materials has changed from January 15, 2015 to January 5, 2015.
For further information, please consult the Department's Admissions webpage.
The Fall 2014 issue of Sophia, the department's newsletter, is now available. Read
about recent developments and the department's various programs, and get to know our
faculty and students here.
- Stephan Blatti (co-edited with Paul Snowdon) Essays on Animalism: Persons, Animals, and Identity (forthcoming, Oxford University Press).
- Stephan Blatti (co-edited with Sandra Lapointe) Ontology After Carnap (forthcoming, Oxford University Press).
- Stephan Blatti (ed.) Spindel Supplement (“The Lives of Human Animals”), The Southern Journal of Philosophy 52 (2014).
- Pleshette DeArmitt, The Right to Narcissism: A Case for an Im-possible Self-Love (Fordham University Press, 2014).
- Remy Debes (ed.) Dignity: The History of a Concept (forthcoming, Oxford University Press).
- Remy Debes (co-edited with Karsten Steuber) Ethical Sentimentalism (forthcoming, Cambridge University Press).
- Shaun Gallagher (co-edited), Oxford Handbook of Cognition: Embodied, Enactive, Extended (under contract, Oxford University Press).
- Shaun Gallagher, The Phenomenological Mind (2nd ed.) appeared in Spanish and Korean translations (2013).
- Kas Saghafi and Pleshette DeArmitt (co-editors), Remains: Jacques Derrida (under contract, Edinburgh University Press).
- Deborah Tollefsen, Groups as Agents (Polity, 2015).
- Somogy Varga, Naturalism, Hermeneutics and Mental Disorder (under contract, Oxford University Press).
- Somogy Varga, Ruptured Selves: Embodied Cognition and Mental Disorder (under contract, MIT Press).
- Somogy Varga (co-edited with Michelle Merritt) Special Issue of Cognitive Systems Research (“Socially Extended Mind”) (2013).