Student Concerns or Complaints Form

The University of Memphis is committed to providing a positive environment of work, study, and leisure/recreation for our students, faculty, and staff. Unfortunately, at times complaints or concerns from students may arise in the daily operations of campus.

Concerns or complaints about any function of the university are ordinarily handled through the normal administrative chain.  Students can take the following steps to file a formal complaint:

  • Write a letter to the dean, department head or director responsible for the area of complaint. Include in the letter an overview of the problem and the resolution requested.
  • If you are unsure of where to address a specific complaint, contact the Dean of Students Office, UC 359, (901)678-2187, submit the student complaint form below, or email the Dean of Students Office at

Some areas for complaints and/or concerns are further explained in the University of Memphis Student Handbook.