Professor, Crews School of Accountancy
1. THINKER DOER
Doctor of Law Degree [JD]
 Diploma - Booker T. Washington - Memphis, Tn Majored in Science and Math, Class Valedictorian, Class President, Merit Scholar, Varsity Rifle Team [ 2 times city champions], Drill Team. ROTC Captain, Sports editor.
 BA - Vanderbilt University Triple major in history, philosophy, and political science. The political science department at Vanderbilt was number one in state and local politics and he studied under the professors who were the national leader in state and county consolidation and who were among the principal architects of Nashville's Metro Government. Senior Class VP, Integrated fraternity system, and help establish the first black fraternity on campus, and Dorm President. Varsity Rifle Team. Varsity Drill Team. Worked with various campus newspapers and magazines.
 MA - University of Memphis Specialty was political philosophy. 1st black philosophy master's graduate. Organized the University of Memphis 1st black campus fraternity, Omega Psi Phi. Writer for Husler now Helmsman magazine.
 JD - Washington University - He set a new law school academic record when he became the 1st person to complete all course work in 2 years. The law school was the number one school and his major professor was the nation's leading scholar in urban, local, and state legal and political systems.
2. Awards and Honors
 Licensed Attorney for 41 years
 Over a five year period, the professor was cited locally, nationally, and internationally almost 1100 times by leading news services in the U.S. , England, Spain, and Canada for his analysis of contemporary legal, social, and political issues. He was cited by every major news source including the New York Times [2 interviews], BBC, Wall Street Journal, Nightline, Washington Post [2 interviews], NPR [2interviews], LA Times, El Periodico, NBC, FOX, CNN, ABC, CBS, CNBC, The Toronto Star, and many major metropolitan news papers. During one two year period he was number 4 in bringing national and international attention to the University. The number of news citations trailed only the Egyptian Mummy, Football Coach at the time Tommy West, and Basketball Coach at the time Calipari
 He won an Academy Award in Research for The Best Paper of the Year, 1992 [Southeastern Academy of Legal Studies in Business]
 He won the Fogelman College Award in Research for The Best Theoretical Paper of the Year, 2002.
 For a period of time, he was recognized as the nation's leading expert in the field of international airline accidents, surpassing the Harvard Law professor that created the field.
 He was recognized as a leading expert in the area of publicity rights, and was the subject of an exclusive radio interview on publicty rights by the NBC radio network. He was described by the UCLA Entertainment Law Review as one of the top three experts of all time in this field
 He was nominated for the Pulitzer for Radio Journalism for the program "How Cocaine Can Destroy a Successful Life" [WDIA]
 He won the movie award - Best Movie Soundtrack- New York Int'l Independent Film Festival
 He won the movie award - Best Feature Film Comedy/Satire- LA Int'l Independent Film Festival
 He won the movie award - Best Director- Southern Film Festival
 Harvard University History Department identified the professor as a national leader in politics and ethnic issues in 2007.
 The Smithsonian Institution interviewed the professor as a historical figure in 2008.
 The professor was interviewed for the soon to open Smithsonian African American Historical Museum as a historical black figure 2008.
 He was in the 2nd class of Leadership Memphis, 1980.
 He was the subject of feature articles in "Black Enterprise", "The Independent Film Quarterly", "The Commercial Appeal", and "The Memphis Business Journal" .
 Memphis Public Library, He was one of first two blacks to work at the Memphis Main Branch Library.
 Southwest Community College, He was one of the first professors hired [as an Ethics professor], and was one of the first two black professors hired when the college was created.
 Shelby County Government Budget Analyst, Was one of the first blacks hired in upper government management.
 Shelby County Correctional Center Administrative Assistant. Highest ranked black employee at the Center at the time.
 Shelby County Zoning and Sign Department, Was one of the first blacks to manage a major department
 University of Memphis, Associate Professor of Business Law, He was one of the first two blacks hired as a tenured professor in the Fogelman College of Business
4. Legal Career
 Shelby County Public Defender's office, He was one of first two blacks hired as a full-time assistant public defender. Was on the Capital Defense team and represent first death cases after the Death Sentence was reinstated in Tennessee
 Memphis City Attorney's office, He was one of first two blacks hired as a full-time assistant city attorney
 Associate with Philip Canale [Former District Attorney General who prosecuted Martin Luther King killer James Earl Ray.]
 Partner with A.C. Wharton [Now Memphis Mayor and former Shelby County Mayor] & Joe Brown [ TV's Judge Joe Brown]
 Partner in the firm of Byrd, Cobb, Norwood, Lait, Dix and Baboaglu - A Labor and Civil Rights Law Firm. He was one of the first blacks to be a partner in major law firm
5. Business Experience
 President/CEO Renaissance Game Company - Closed
 President/CEO Moore Real Estate - Closed
 President/CEO Larry Moore Productions
6. Legal Highlights
 Sued the U.S. Government over contract language of it's insurance contracts. Lead to clearer language as to duplicate documents
 Sued the City of Memphis for discrimination with regards to Black Police Officers serving housing projects. Lead directly to the creation of the PST program, and equal access to all applicants for police department jobs
 Sued a major auto manufacturer over hard-cover airbags. This lead to the expanded use of the soft cover airbags now used by many manufacturers today
 Sued a major restaurant establishment for discriminatory seating of blacks. This lead to the elimination of dual reservation list
 Sued major tire chain over discriminatory promotion practices for blacks which allowed lower performing whites to be promoted and given raises over higher producing blacks. This lead to new promotion standards based on merit and not race
 He was co-counsel for the defendant for several of the first death penalty cases tried in Tennessee after the reintroduction of the Death Penalty
 He represented the defendant in the largest bank robbery in Memphis at the time. The defendant was the manager of the bank and the result of this nationally covered case was new bank policies allowing banks to fire employees using cocaine or other illegal drugs.
 He represented the defendant in the largest jewel heist in Memphis at the time.
 His other high profile cases include: The Nude Amnesiac Murder Case, The Case of the International Peeping Tom, The Red Light Bandits' Murder Case, The Case of the Menage-a-Trois Interstate Bank Robbers, The Elvis Presley Board Game Copyright Infringement Case, The Wife With 5 Husbands Case, The Lobotomy Rape-Strangulation Case. The Case of the Naked Hamburger Thief.
7. Martial Arts
 Black Belt Tae Kwon Do
 Brown Belt Judo
 Expert Marksman Rifle
 Expert Marksman Pistol
 Misc Weapons - Saber, Throwing Knives, Throwing Hatchets
 Novel - "Images of Beale Street"
 Novel - "Grand Jury Connections"
 Poetry - "A Few Romantic Verses"
 Board Games - Black Progress - a history game.
9. Radio & Television Journalism
 Citizen and the Law & station Political Analyst [WLOK 2 yrs]
 Sunday NIght on WLOK & station Political Analyst [WLOK 2 yrs] Was among the first of the new era or radio talk show host in the nation.
Thirty Minute & station Political Analyst [WDIA 1 year]
 Ask the Lawyer & station Political Analyst [WDIA 10 yrs] One of the 1st modern call in radio information shows in the nation.
Your Legal Rights - Producer and Host [Cablevision 12 yrs]
Presidential Election Analyst FOX [TV 24 - 1996]
 Presidential Election Analyst FOX [TV 24 - 2000]
 Election Analyst WMC [TV 5 - 2004]
 Election Analyst WMC [TV 5 - 2006]
 Election Commentator WREG [TV 3 - 2008] (Cancelled by Tornado)
 Presidential Election Analyst-Commercial Appeal 
 Traded Center Bombing Analyst Fox [TV 24 - 2001]
 Traded Center Bombing Analyst UPN [TV 30 - 2001]
 Traded Center Bombing Analyst Wrec [Radio 60 2001]
 TV Analyst 2006 - 10 Local Stations [Over 200 Telecast]
10. Print Journalism
 Dixie Flyer Monthly Columnist 3 years
 Memphis Magazine Regular Guest Columnist 5 years
 Memphis Flyer Regular Guest Columnist 5 years
 Commercial Appeal Regular Guest Columnist 3 years
11. FILMS as Actor
The Firm-1993 Lawyer
The Client -1994 Policeman
Trial of Larry Flynn -1996 Reporter
The Rainmaker -1997 Driver
The Poor and Hungry -1999 Music Professor
Death Row -2000 Protester
His Neighbors Bed-2001 Sharecropper
General Sessions-2002 Actor Producer Director
Cymbeline-2003 Roman God Jupiter
Somerville - 2004 Actor Producer Director
Cold Steele - 2008 Actor Producer Director
Top Models - 2016 Actor Producer Director
NSA Juicefuls 1994
Auto Zone 1995
Northwest Airlines 1998
NBC Bank 1999
Horseshoe Casino 2001
Bank South 2004
13. MOST HAPPENSTANCE ACCOMPLISHMENT.
In a 1969 discussion at the Vanderbilt Afro House I was trying to make a point. I wanted to use an example which I had learned in Middle Eastern History Class from the professor Dr. Drew about the camel getting his nose in the tent, but I decided to modify and update it, so I talked about ignoring an elephant that got into your living room. It soon became popular on campus and thirty years later it started popping up in debates all over the country.
14. PROUDEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS, [A Personal Statement]
I am most proud of the fact that God blessed me to be able to help tend to both of my elderly parents during the final years of their lives; that I was able to help my wife at the time through her last years of college and graduate school; that I was able to attend every athletic contest, recital and program of my two sons, my nephew [3rd son], and my niece, as well as the fact that I was able do something every week with these children while they were growing up; that I was always there for my true friends; that every semester I am able to use my education, training, and experience to guide a few students past the facades of life to see how law, business, society, and politics truly operate in the world; that I have created a small body of scholarly and artistic work that might have some long term merit; and finally that I was able to contribute in a small way toward the peaceful integration of the south.
1. Academy Award in Research for The Best Paper of the Year
Air Disasters: Cause of Actions In International Aviation Under the Warsaw Convention: Burying the Ghost of Komlos.
2 Southeastern Journal of Legal Studies 57 (Sp. 1993).
2. Fogelman College Award in Research for The Best Theoretical Paper of the Year
[Published in the Number one aviation law review in the U.S.]
The World Trade Center, Terrorist Airline Destruction: Will This be the First Test of the War Between the Montreal Liability Convention's Article 21:2[a] and 21:2[b]? - 68 SMU Journal of Air and Commerce 699 (2002). "A" Journal
3. [Published in the Number one international aviation law journal in the world]
Taking the Fall and other Mishaps: An American Perspective on Airport Injuries Under International Legal Agreements. 26 Ann of Air Law and Space Technology 187 (1999). [An international publication by McGill University of Canada]
4. The World Trade Center Disaster: How Terrorist Airline Attacks Can Affect the Legal, Economic, and Financial Conditions of Airlines Under the Montreal Liability Agreement, 4 Brigham Young International Law and Management Review 1 (2007).
5. Domicile and the Death of the Warsaw Treaty: The Revenge of Komlos; 19 Wisconsin International Law Journal 1 (2001).
6. Regulating Publicity: Does Elvis Want Privacy?, 5 Depaul Journal of Art & Entertainment
Law 1 (1995).
Other Published Articles
7. Chan v. Korean Air Lines Ltd: The United States Supreme Court Eliminates the American Rule to the Warsaw Convention, 13 Hastings International & Comparative Law Review 229 (1989).
8. The New Montreal Liability Convention, Major Changes in International Air Law: An End to the Warsaw Convention P; 9 Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law Journal. 223 (2001).
9. Terrorist Airline Bombings & the Article 20(1) Defense Under the Warsaw Convention... 25:1 Denver Journal of International Law and Policy 25 (1996).
10. Air Disasters: The Financial Effects on the International Aviation Industry: Does this Justify the Warsaw Convention? Co-Author Stephen Ferris, 4 Southeastern Journal of Legal Studies 104 (1995).
11. A Broad Approach to Takeovers, Tempered by Tyson: Tennessee's Corporate Takeover Statute, 1 Southeastern Journal of Legal Studies 139 (1992).
12. State Regulations of Corporate Takeovers, 25 Business Law Review 81 (1992).
13. The Lockerbie Air Disaster, Punitive Damages in International Aviation Under the Warsaw Convention, 15 Houston Journal of International Law 67 (1992).
14. Property Rights in Privacy and Publicity in the State of Tennessee, National Proceedings of The Academy of Legal Studies in Business, 1996.
15. Mental Injury and Lesion Corporelle in International Aviation Under the Warsaw Convention; Eastern Airlines v. Floyd, 22 National Proceedings of Academy of Legal Studies in Business. 504 (1993).
16. The Constitution and the Law of Domestic Relations; Is There a 9th and 10th Amendment. 15 Select Papers of American Business Law Association Regional Proceedings 22 (1988).
17. Elvis: The King Lives in in Litigation 3 Memphis Bar Association Magazine 5 (1993).
18. Business Ethics and Business Law; Dilemmas in Understanding; Annual Meeting of the American Business Law Association, August, 1988.
19. Distinguishing Morals and Ethics in Business Law. Annual Meeting of the American Business Law Association, August, 1989.
20. State Regulation of Corporate Take-overs: A Legitimate Extension of Police Power. Annual Meeting of the American Business Law Association, August, 1990.
21. Right of Publicity: Different State Approaches. Annual Meeting of the American Business Law Association, August, 1991.
22.Lockerbie Air Disaster: Punitive Damages under Article 17 and 24 of the Warsaw Convention. Annual Meeting of the American Business Law Association, August, 1992.
23. The Lockerbie Air Disaster: The Warsaw Convention Merry-Go-Round. Annual Meeting of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business, August, 1995.
24. Property Rights in Privacy and Publicity in the State of Tennessee, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business, August, 1996.
25. Taking the Fall and Other Mishaps; Airport Injury Under the Warsaw Convention, Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Legal Studies in Business, August 1998.
26. Domicile in the New International Aviation Business World in Tort Litigation, Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Legal Studies in Business, August 1999.
27. Ethics & Morals in the Technical Millennium National Academy of Legal Studies in Business; Baltimore, Md, Aug 2000.
28. The Return of the Ugly American in International Transactions... National Academy of Legal Studies in Business; Albuquerque, NM, Aug 2001.
29. Terrorist Airline Attacks and the Iraqi War: The Legal, Economic, And Financial Effects under the Montreal Liability Agreement, National Academy of Legal Studies in Business; San Francisco, Ca , Aug 2005.
30. The World Trade Center Disaster: How Terrorist Airline Attacks Can Affect the Legal, Economic, and Financial Conditions of Airlines Under the Montreal Liability Agreement National Academy of Legal Studies in Business; St. Petersburg, Fl., August 2006.
31. The Constitution and the Law of Domestic Relations: Is There a 9th and 10h Amendment? Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Regional Business Law Association, October 1988.
32. Antitakeover Legislation: Rethinking State Laws. Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Regional Business Law Association, October 1991.
33. Air Disasters: Causes of Action Under the Warsaw Convention-Burying Komlos Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Regional Business Law Association, October 1992.
34. Air Disasters: The Financial Effects on the International Aviation Industry; Does This Justify The Warsaw Convention?" Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Regional Business Law Association, October 1994.
35. Personal Property Rights In the State of Tennessee: The Right of Privacy and the Right of Publicity. Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Regional Business Law Association, October 1995.
36. Willful Misconduct & the Article 20 (1) Defense of the Warsaw Convention. Presented to the North Atlantic Academy of Legal Studies in Business, 1996 Annual Meeting.
37. Twenty four Common Myths about the Constitution. Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Regional Business Law Association, October 1996.
38. The U.S. Constitution: What's Really There, Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Academy of Legal Studies in Business, October 1997.
39. Willful Misconduct & The Article 20(1) Defense Under The Warsaw Convention; The Lockerbie Air Disaster Returns , The Western Academy of Legal Studies in Business, April 2000.
40. The Warsaw Agreement and the IATA Intercarrier Agreement, an End to the Article 20 Defense; SE Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Oct 2000.
41. 911 Terrorist Airline Bombings: Airlines as Negligent or Victim, Southeastern Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Atlanta Ga, Oct 2001.
42. New Directions in The Right of Publicity, Southern Academy of Legal Studies in Business; St. Louis, Mo, Mar 2002.
43. Airport Liability in Cases of Terrorist Attacks, Southern Academy of Legal Studies in Business; Oct 2002.
44. Public International Business Law Monterrey Tech. Monterrey, Mexico. March 1998.
1. Copyright (c) 2003 Suffolk University Suffolk University Law Review, 2003, 36 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 821, 9515 words, NOTE: Stratospheric Recovery: Recent and Forthcoming Changes in International Air Disaster Law and Its Effect on Air Terrorism Recovery, Carl E. Fumarola
2. Copyright (c) 1993 North Carolina Journal of International Law & Commercial Regulation Inc. North Carolina Journal of International Law & Commercial Regulation, Summer, 1993, 18 N.C.J. Int'l L. & Com. Reg. 663, 12648 words, NOTES: Maritime Insurance Co. Ltd. v. Emery Air Freight Corp., Jay Bender
3. Copyright (c) 2004 Southern Methodist University School of Law Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Winter, 2004, 69 J. Air L. & Com. 65, 16407 words, ARTICLE: THE WARSAW CONVENTION LIABILITY SCHEME: WHAT IT COVERS, ATTEMPTS TO WAIVE IT AND WHY THE WAIVERS SHOULD NOT BE ENFORCED UNTIL THE AIRLINES ARE FINANCIALLY STABLE, Jeffery C. Long*
4. Copyright (c) 2003 University of St. Thomas Law Journal University of St. Thomas Law Journal: Fides et lustitia, Fall, 2003, 1 U. St. Thomas L.J. 750, 18965 words, Founding Symposium: GOD, THE PERSON, HISTORY, AND THE LAW: THEMES FROM THE WORK OF JUDGE JOHN T. NOONAN, JR.: COMMENT: THE WARSAW CONVENTION AND FORUM NON CONVENIENS: SHOULD FEDERAL COURTS BE ALLOWED TO APPLY THE DOCTRINE IN DAMAGES ACTIONS BROUGHT UNDER THE TREATY?, ALYSON R. MARTIN*
5. Copyright (c) 2004 George Washington University George Washington International Law Review, 2004, 36 Geo. Wash. Int'l L. Rev. 239, 28182 words, ARTICLE: INTERNATIONAL AIR CARGO & BAGGAGE LIABILITY AND THE TOWER OF BABEL, Paul Stephen Dempsey*
6. Copyright (c) 2006 Southern Methodist University School of Law Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Spring, 2006, 71 J. Air L. & Com. 251, 19095 words, ARTICLE: DOES THE MONTREAL CONVENTION OF 1999 REQUIRE THAT A NOTICE BE GIVEN TO PASSENGERS? WHAT IS THE VALIDITY OF NOTICE OF A CHOICE OF FORUM CLAUSE UNDER MONTREAL 1999?, Senai W. Andemariam*
7 . Copyright (c) 1998 Temple International and Comparative Law Journal Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, Spring, 1998, 12 Temp. Int'l & Comp. L.J. 189, 31056 words, COMMENT: THE WARSAW CONVENTION: CAPPING THE VALUE OF LIFE?, Randi Lynne Rubin
8 . Copyright (c) 2001 Tulane Journal of International and Compative Law Tulane Journal of International and ComPtive Law, Spring, 2001, 9 Tul. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 1, 1524 words, FOREWORD: Foreword, Gardner Hawes Foster,Editor in Chief
9 . Copyright (c) 2004 University of Iowa (The Journal of Corporation Law) The Journal of Corporation Law, Winter, 2004, 29 Iowa J. Corp. L. 267, 38228 words, SYMPOSIUM: EVALUATION AND RESPONSE TO RISK BY LAWYERS AND ACCOUNTANTS IN THE U.S. AND E.U.: The Appeal and Limits of Internal Controls to Fight Fraud, Terrorism, Other Ills, Lawrence A. Cunningham*
10. Copyright (c) 1994 Connecticut Journal of International Law Connecticut Journal
of International Law, Spring, 1994, 9 Conn. J. Int'l L. 355, 40145 words, COMMENT:
TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPETITION IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AFTER FRANCE v. COMMISSION --
THE TERMINAL EQUIPMENT CASE, AMY LIN
Right of Privacy
11. Copyright (c) 2001 University of San Diego School of Law Journal of Contemporary Legal Issues, 2001, 12 J. Contemp. Legal Issues 615, 2230 words, PART EIGHT: TRADEMARK'S NEIGHBORS: What Does Elvis Want? A Review, SHANNON CHERRY
12. Copyright (c) 2000 St. John's Law Review Association St. John's Law Review, Fall, 2000, 74 St. John's L. Rev. 1139, 12443 words, NOTE: A CRITICAL EXAMINATION OF NEW YORK'S RIGHT OF PUBLICITY CLAIM, Tara B. Mulrooney*
13. Copyright (c) 2003 University of California Regents UCLA Entertainment Law Review, Summer, 2003, 10 UCLA Ent. L. Rev. 171, 20968 words, ARTICLE: Based Upon a True Story: The Tension Between the First Amendment and a Person's Reputation, Sean C. Symsek*
14. Copyright (c) 1998 University of California Regents UCLA Entertainment Law Review, Spring, 1998, 5 UCLA Ent. L. Rev. 167, 17335 words, ARTICLE: The Scope of Liability Under California's Right of Publicity Statutes: Civil Code Sections 990 and 3344, By Edward C. Wilde n1
15. Copyright (c) 1996 Brooklyn Law School Brooklyn Law Review, Fall, 1996, 62 Brooklyn L. Rev. 921, 17489 words, ARTICLE: THE SINGLE PUBLICATION RULE: ONE ACTION, NOT ONE LAW *, Debra R. Cohen **
16. Copyright (c) 1989 Emory University School of Law. Emory Law Journal, FALL, 1989, 38 Emory L.J. 1145, 19254 words, ESSAY: WHEN RACISTS AND RADICALS MEET, Ronald J. Bacigal * and Margaret Ivey Bacigal **
17. Copyright (c) Yeshiva University 1998 Cardozo Law Review, September, 1998, 20 Cardozo L. Rev. 355, 20833 words, NOTE: FICTIONAL PERSONA TEST: COPYRIGHT PREEMPTION IN HUMAN AUDIOVISUAL CHARACTERS *, Peter K. Yu
17. Top Research Awards
1. Academy Award in Research for The Best Paper of the YearAir Disasters: Cause of Actions In International Aviation Under the Warsaw Convention: Burying the Ghost of Komlos. 2 Southeastern Journal of Legal Studies 57 (Sp. 1993).
2. Published in the Number One International Law Journal in the World
Taking the Fall and Other Mishaps: An American Perspective on Airport Injuries Under International Legal Agreements. 26 McGill's Ann of Air Law and Space Technology 187 (1999)
Dr. Moore teaches Business Law and the Legal, Social, and Political Environment of Business as well as a course in Business Law. He has also taught Real Estate law and International Business Law.
He teaches large courses yet continues to use the Socratic method, and to give essay exams. He has taught over 7,500 students and graded over 75,000 pages of essay exams. He gets to know his students and believes that all research and scholarly production is for the benefit of the student. His evaluations tend to be above the average.
1. The Law of Business; as Influenced by its Legal, Social, Political, and Technological Environment; Horizon Textbook Publishers - 2008 by Larry Moore, et al.
2. Business Law and the Legal Environment Vol 1 & 2, 2010 First Edition Moore and Morgan.
3. Business Law and the Legal Environment Vol 1 & 2, Second 2014 Edition Moore and
He has developed this text over the last ten years and has used it exclusively in his Legal Environment course during those years.
Dr. Moore's major area of contribution to local, national, and international service has been in the area of outreach. This includes informing, explaining and educated the general public on the intricate relationship between law, politics, business, technology and government and how this impacts individuals and institutions.
1. Local and National Service
His interviews and analysis have been featured in almost 1000 interviews in new sources around the world and include multiple interviews with NPR, BBC, New York Times, El Periodico, and the Washington Post. This also includes CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, CNN, Toronto Times, LA Times and most major newspapers in most major daily newspapers, and almost 200 local tv and newspaper interviews.
Faculty Senate Representative 3 Terms
Grade Appeals Committee 3 Terms (Chair one term)
University Self Study Committee, 2 Terms
3. Fogelman College Service
International Law Committee,
Search Committee for Department - FIR
Open House Committee,
Lecture and Program Committee,
Visiting Professor Committee,
Diversity Task Force 2 Terms (Chair)
Faculty Technology Committee
Faculty Advisory Committee 2 Terms
Search Committee for Accounting Director
5. PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
Southeastern Academy Of Legal Studies
 Vice President
 Program Chair
American Academy of Legal Studies
Tennessee Bar Association.
6. Community Service
Board of Dir Center for Southern
Board of Dir Folklore
Board of Dir Memphis Brooks Art Today
Board of Dir Memphis Black Arts Alliance
Board of Dir Volunteer Center (Treasurer )
Board of Dir Memphis Ballet (President)
Board of Dir Mphs Ballet-Ballet South (President 2 Terms)
Board of Dir Blues Foundation (President 2 Terms)
Board of Dir Comprehensive Day Care (President 2 Terms)
Board of Dir Boy Scout SC District (Chairman)
Board of Dir Shelby Cy Dem Exec. Committee (1982-84)
Board of Dir Young Democrats (Vice President )
Board of Dir 60-1 Civil Club (President)
Board of Dir Mphs Brooks Art Today (Treasurer)
Board of Dir Center for Southern Folklore (Treasurer)
East Memphis Rotary
Ben Jones Bar Association
Memphis School Closing Committee
Memphis Jobs Conference Planning Committee
Faculty Senate Representative