Ensure your academic success!
- Go to class! This is one of the most important things you can do to ensure academic
- Turn off all electronic devices during class (phones, iPods, etc.).
- Take notes. Tip: Type them up!
- Get to know your classmates. They make great study partners.
- Ask questions.
- Read the syllabus. Pay attention to dates and deadlines.
- Make sure the instructor knows who you are for all the right reasons.
- Meet with your instructor after class and go over class material.
- Purchase books for the class.
- Study 3 hours for each hour you are in class. Be prepared for class. Complete all
- Budget your time to include class, study, work, downtime and sleep.
- When the instructor is talking, you shouldn't be.
- Be familiar with the catalogue under which you are graduating.
- Do an internship and/or study abroad to enhance your scholastic experience!
- Don't struggle in silence! Be aware there are resources on campus to help you.