CCFA is home to the Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music and the departments of Architecture, Art, Communication and Film, Journalism & Strategic Media and Theatre & Dance. Also, we have a variety of offerings that enhance our college:
- Art Museum of The University of Memphis (AMUM)
- The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art
- Box Gallery
- Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology (IEAA)
- Architecture Community Engagement (CSD)
- The Daily Helmsman
- WUMR-U92 FM
College of Communication and Fine Arts Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan 2019-2023
The College of Communication and Fine Arts at the University of Memphis will build on its reputation as a rich and dynamic academic community where creativity, culture, and ideas flourish and provide a fertile environment for the artists, scholars, educators, architects, communicators and innovators of the future.
The College of Communication and Fine Arts has six distinct aims:
- To prepare students for careers in architecture, design, fine arts, art history, communication, mass media, and the performing arts industry.
- To offer enrichment to students throughout the university through broad exposure in the arts and communication.
- To promote research, creative activity and professional practice locally, nationally and internationally.
- To cultivate a diverse, inclusive and collaborative academic culture.
- To enrich cultural life locally, nationally, and internationally through arts education, public programs, exhibitions, performances, community engagement and partnerships.
- To engage in interdisciplinary projects and research across diverse disciplines within and beyond the college.
Our ValuesThe College of Communication and Fine Arts and its constituent departments embrace the following values: pedagogical excellence; creativity, innovation and critical thinking; interdisciplinary research and collaboration; an inclusive learning environment, a sense of place; access and diversity; community engagement and partnerships.
- Increase CCFA enrollment, retention and graduation rates while maintaining the core values of the College.
- Provide students distinctive learning experiences that foster lifelong success.
- Create an academic environment that is inclusive of cultural and individual differences.
- Enhance CCFA visibility within and impact upon the community and situate the College as the doorway for the public to the University.
- Increase research and scholarly/creative activity, supported by external funding.
- Expand internal and external support for programs, scholarships and professorships.
- Recruit and retain excellent faculty and staff.