CCFA is home to the Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music and the departments of Architecture, Art, Communication and Film, Journalism & Strategic Media and Theatre & Dance. Also, we have a variety of offerings that enhance our college:
- Art Museum of The University of Memphis
- The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art
- Box Gallery
- Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology
- Architecture Community Engagement
- The Daily Helmsman
- WYXR 91.7 FM
- The Institute for Arts & Health
- Center for Health Literacy and Health Communication
College of Communication and Fine Arts Strategic Plan
The College of Communication and Fine Arts at the University of Memphis will build on its reputation as a rich and dynamic academic community where creativity, culture, and ideas flourish and provide a fertile environment for the artists, scholars, educators, architects, communicators and innovators of the future.
The College of Communication and Fine Arts has six distinct aims:
- To prepare students for careers in architecture, design, fine arts, art history, communication, mass media, and the performing arts industry.
- To offer enrichment to students throughout the university through broad exposure in the arts and communication.
- To promote research, creative activity and professional practice locally, nationally and internationally.
- To cultivate a diverse, inclusive and collaborative academic culture.
- To enrich cultural life locally, nationally, and internationally through arts education, public programs, exhibitions, performances, community engagement and partnerships.
- To engage in interdisciplinary projects and research across diverse disciplines within and beyond the college.
The College of Communication and Fine Arts and its constituent departments embrace the following values: pedagogical excellence; creativity, innovation and critical thinking; interdisciplinary research and collaboration; an inclusive learning environment, a sense of place; access and diversity; community engagement and partnerships.
- Increase CCFA enrollment, retention and graduation rates while maintaining the core values of the College.
- Provide students distinctive learning experiences that foster lifelong success.
- Create an academic environment that is inclusive of cultural and individual differences.
- Enhance CCFA visibility within and impact upon the community and situate the College as the doorway for the public to the University.
- Increase research and scholarly/creative activity, supported by external funding.
- Expand internal and external support for programs, scholarships and professorships.
- Recruit and retain excellent faculty and staff.
For more information on the College of Communication and Fine Arts at the University of Memphis, call 901.678.2350 or email email@example.com.