Minors on Campus
To maintain a safe environment and fulfill our obligations as mandated by law, all activities involving minors on University-owned or controlled property (whether staying overnight on campus or not) must comply with the following requirements for hosting minors on campus:
- Insurance certificate listing the UofM as an additional insured. The certificate must
show proof of:
- Liability insurance in the amount of $1 million.
- Additional coverage for sexual abuse/molestation with limits not less than $1 million for one occurrence, and $2 million aggregate.
- Certification of the completion of criminal background checks and sex offender registry checks for all employees and volunteers involved, including student volunteers.
- Certification of knowledge of the state law mandatory reporting requirement.
- Use of the appropriate supervision ratio proscribed by the UofM.