- April 13 Revival Memphis Event 6:00- 6:45 PM: Reception and Networking; 6:45- 7:30 PM: Origin Story of Memphis in May and Rebirth on the River Documentary Trailer Showing; 7:30- 8:30 PM: Moderated Panel Discussion + Q&A Hosted at The University of Memphis; University Center Room 320-C This event will feature the founders of Memphis in May discuss how the event came together and its long-term impact on diversity and inclusion in the city, followed by a showing of the trailer for their documentary film, Rebirth on the River. The event will conclude with a moderated panel discussion of academic and industry experts in the area of diversity and inclusion. Click here for registration!
- April 7 Presentation “When Team Faultlines Give Rise to Disintegrated Network Dynamics” Dr. Alex Lindsey Invited Speaker at Claremont McKenna College, METRICS Lab.
- March 18 Presentation “Kinship and Gender in Family Firms: New Insights into Employees’ Organizational Citizenship Behavior” Dr. Kristen (Kincy) Madison, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at Oklahoma State University
- Fogelman College of Business and Economics, University of Memphis 10:30am, FCB 381
- February 18 CWDI Announces 2022 Summer Research Grant Awards to support the following FCBE faculty research proposals:
- “Diversity Training Effectiveness: Individual Differences in Situational Perspective Taking” ($3,000) Dr. Alex Lindsey and Ashley Robinson (MGMT PhD student)
- “Do Networks Narrow the Gender Gap in Negotiation Outcomes?” ($6,000) Drs. James Vardaman and Caitlin Porter
- "Female Executives, Organizational Identification, and Firm Growth” ($3,000) Dr. Joseph Zhang
- February 10 Presentation “Infusing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into Healthcare Practices” Dr. Kurt Kraiger Invited Speaker at the Professional Conference on Aging, Memphis, TN
- January 28 Presentation “Applying the Science of Workplace Instruction to Sexual Harassment in the Workplace” Dr. Kurt Kraiger Invited Speaker at the Berkeley Law Conference on New Developments in Workplace Sexual Harassment
- January 3 Drs. Kristen Jones and Alex Lindsey, in collaboration with their co-authors, receive 2022 SIOP Small Grant to support their proposal entitled, “The Interconnected Nature of Women’s Experiences Pre- and Post-partum: A Longitudinal Examination across Two Countries” ($6,250) Dr. Caitlin Porter, in collaboration with her co-authors, receives 2022 SIOP Small Grant to support their proposal entitled, “The Impact of Internal and External Visibility on Time to Promotion and Retention of Women in Academic Medicine” ($9,000)
- December 8 Drs. Kristen Jones and Kurt Kraiger, in collaboration with several other units on campus, three regional workforce boards, the Hooks Institute, and other local care providers, receive Tennessee Opportunity Pilot Initiative Planning Grant for their proposal entitled, “Growing Relational and Occupational Wealth in West Tennessee (GROWWTH) Collaborative” ($445,000)
- December 7 Presentation “Can Powerful Allies Save the CEO? The Effect of the CEO’s Subgroup on CEO Dismissal” Dr. Jihae You, Assistant Professor of Management Louisiana State University Fogelman College of Business and Economics, University of Memphis 11:30am, FCB 265
- November 30 Presentation “Integrating Leadership, Well-Being, and DEI: A Program of Research” Dr. Lars Johnson, Assistant Professor of Psychology Wayne State University Fogelman College of Business and Economics, University of Memphis 10:30am, FCB 269
- November 15 Presentation “Disclosure Dilemmas: Hidden Benefits of Revealing Not So Hidden Stigmas at Work” Dr. Isaac Sabat, Assistant Professor of Psychology Texas A&M University Fogelman College of Business and Economics, University of Memphis 10:30am, FCB 128
- November 12 Presentation “How Interpersonal Dynamics at Work During Pregnancy Influence Postpartum Outcomes” Dr. Kristen Jones Invited Speaker at University of Colorado Boulder, Diversity & Identity Management Research Lab
- October 22 Presentation “Exploring the Influence of Inter- and Intra- Personal Dynamics at Work During Pregnancy” Dr. Kristen Jones Invited Speaker at Bowling Green State University, Industrial-Organizational Psychology Speaker Series
- October 5 Presentation “Intersectional Identity in the Workplace: Race, Gender, and Atheism” Management Department Research Colloquium Series Ashley Robinson, MGMT PhD Student (Dr. Alex Lindsey, advisor)
- April 20 Dr. Kurt Kraiger served as a panelist for a workshop entitled, “Identifying Ways to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Sexual Harassment Prevention Efforts at Higher Education Institutions,” hosted by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- March 25 Presentation “Building and Benefiting from Professional Networks: Differences for Men and Women?” Dr. Caitlin Porter Invited Speaker at Radford University, Center for Gender Studies Colloquium
- March 15 CWDI Announces 2021 Summer Research Grant Awards to support the following FCBE faculty research proposals:
- “Textual and Graphical Presentation of Mandatory versus Voluntary Initiatives in Workplace/Board Diversity” ($2,500) Dr. Nirmalee Radditz
- “Textual and Graphical Presentation of Mandatory versus Voluntary Initiatives in Workplace/Board Diversity” ($5,000) Dr. Zabihollah Rezaee
- January 15 Dr. Albert Okunade, in collaboration with his co-authors, receives seed grant to support their proposal entitled, “Racial and ethnic disparities in healthcare services utilization among uterine cancer survivors: New evidence from pre- and post-Affordable Care Act of 2010” ($5,000)
- October 14 Dr. Jessica Kirk receives the NASA Group Achievement Award - Hubble Space Telescope Dual-Anonymous Peer Review for “outstanding effort in strengthening the review of Hubble Space Telescope observing proposals, sparking a revolution in the evaluation of proposals in space science," an effort aimed at reducing bias in the review process and allowing for more equitable access to resources in space science.
- April 23 Dr. Kristen Jones receives 2020 Competitive FCBE Summer Faculty Research Grant Award for her proposal entitled, “Oh Baby or No Baby? Examining the Role of Infertility in Women’s Working Lives” ($7,000)
- March 10 CWDI Announces 2020 Summer Research Grant Awards to support the following FCBE faculty research proposals:
- “Does Race Matter? Implications from Court-ordered Police Hiring Quotas and Police Killing of Civilians” ($1,000) Dr. Jamein Cunningham
- “The Interconnected Nature of Women’s Experiences Pre- and Post-partum: A Longitudinal Examination across Two Countries” Drs. Kristen Jones and Alex Lindsey ($3,500)
- "Person-Job Fit and Older Workers: Test of Existing Paradigms and Exploration of New Influences” ($1,500) Dr. Kurt Kraiger
- “Gender, Gender, and Audit Quality” ($1,500) Dr. Joseph Zhang
- March 6 Presentation “How Interpersonal Dynamics at Work During Pregnancy Influence Postpartum
Outcomes” Dr. Kristen Jones Invited Speaker at West Virginia University, John Chambers
College of Business and Economics, Morgantown, WV
A Courageous Conversation: The State of Black America in the Workforce.
5:30- 7:00 PM: Reception and Networking; 7:00-8:30 PM: Keynote Speaker and Panel
Hosted at The University of Memphis in the University Center Ballroom.
This event will help create awareness of the experience of Black employees as it relates to workforce development and overcoming socioeconomic barriers. This event is hosted by Bank of America in partnership with the CWDI and the UofM Multicultural Affairs Office.
Memphis Industrial-Organizational Psychologists Quarterly Meeting Presentation featuring
CWDI Management Scholars Panel including: Dr. Kristen Jones, Dr. Jessica Kirk, Dr. Alex Lindsey, Dr. Caitlin Porter, and Dr. Enrica Ruggs
Fogelman College, University of Memphis
5:30 pm, FCBE 264
SHRM-Memphis Inclusive Diversity Conference
University of Memphis
In conjunction with SHRM-Memphis student chapter
"Understanding Inclusiveness in Organizations: A Structural Perspective"
Dr. Quinetta Roberson, Fred J. Springer Endowed Chair in Business Leadership and Professor of Management
Fogelman College, University of Memphis
10:00am, FCBE 369
4:30pm, FCBE 369
FCBE Women's Conference
Holiday Inn, University of Memphis
Co-hosted by Avron B. Fogelman Professional Development Center and CWDI
Sponsored by CH Robinson
Dave Arena, Management PhD student (Dr. Kristen Jones, advisor), receives $1,000 research grant from the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) to study the identity management experiences of bisexual employees.
Drs. Kristen Jones and Kathy Tuberville participating in Winning in Leadership female business leaders forum moderated by Kristi Ransom, VP Germantown Area Chamber of Commerce.
Memphis College of Art, Rust Hall, Callicott Auditorium.
FCBE's SHRM Student Chapter, via the faculty advising of Dr. Kathy Tuberville, hosted SHRM-Memphis Inclusive Diversity Conference.
Keynote speaker: John Daniel, Executive VP for HR with First Horizon.
Over 75 employers attended, including FedEx Services, Medtronic, International Paper, First Horizon/First Horizon, Fisher Phillips, and BASF. Twelve exhibitors from HR industry.