Loan Equipment Check-Out
Disability Resources for Students has a supply of assistive equipment which students may check out each semester if the disability-related need is determined in consultation with the student's DRS Coordinator.
The following items are available for check-out:
- Assistive Listening Devices for hearing classroom lectures
- Assistive Reading, Writing and Learning software (Kurzweil for PC and Mac)
- Audio Recorders, Digital, for recording classroom lectures
- Calculator, Talking
- CCTV, Portable, for classroom use
- CD/DVD players, Digital, for listening to Daisy formatted, recorded books
- Electronic Spellers
- Note taking Devices, electronic, including Braille & Refreshable Braille
- Perkins Brailler
- Smartpen, Digital, for Note taking and audio recording
Before checking out DRS equipment, students are asked to read and sign a copy of the Loan Equipment Check-out Policy.
To view the Loan Equipment Check-Out Policy, you must have Adobe Reader, a free plug-in available from Adobe, installed on your computer. To download a copy of the free Acrobat Reader, visit the Adobe Systems website. If you are using a computer in one of the campus TigerLAN labs, the Adobe Reader is already installed on your computer.
Note: This form may also be picked up from Disability Resources for Students in 110 Wilder Tower.