2023 Disability Advocacy Week
We strive to host inclusive accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you anticipate any barriers to your participation and would like to request an accommodation, please contact Tara Buchannan at email@example.com or 901.678.2880. Requests made by 4:30 PM on March 24 will allow us to provide seamless access.
Tuesday, March 28
One Love Workshop: Healthy Relationships & the Disabled Community
3-4:30 PM | UC Fountain View Room
- In partnership with Title IX: Prevention Center, this event will help you to recognize healthy and unhealthy relationships.
Wednesday, March 29
American Sign Language (ASL) Club Reception and Meet & Greet with Comedian Kathy Buckley
3:30-4:30 PM | UC Beale Room
- Members of the ASL Club will have the opportunity to discuss deaf culture with comedian, Kathy Buckley! Event will have ASL interpreters.
Understanding Ableism Student Panel
4-5 PM | UC Memphis Room
- In partnership with Student Diversity Ambassadors, come learn about ableism and hear about the experiences of students with disabilities.
Comedian Kathy Buckley
6 PM | UC Theatre | Free of Charge. Open to the Public
- This engaging comedy show will have ASL Interpreters.
Thursday, March 30
Honor the Life of Disability Activist Judy Heumann
12:30 PM | Via Zoom
- We welcome everyone to remember the life of a civil rights pioneer. Live captions and ASL Interpreters provided.
- Join here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84532437416
Friday, March 31
DRS Award Ceremony and Luncheon
- DRS will host a private lunch to honor staff, faculty and students who have been outstanding advocates for individuals with disabilities on campus!