Accessible Campus Housing

Rooms have been adapted in the following residence halls to offer a variety of campus housing to students who have disability related needs:

Carpenter Complex Apartments
Family Housing, South Campus
Mynders Hall
Rawls Hall
Richardson Towers, North and South

Housing assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Housing applications are available on the Residence Life website. Also, information regarding the features and floor plan of each residence hall is available at this site.

Applicants should specify on the housing application that they need a handicapped accessible room. Residence Life staff will contact each student individually to discuss their disability-related needs. Housing accommodation requests must be accompanied by appropriate documentation and presented to DRS. Those who need the services of a personal attendant should indicate so on the application. Accessible features and facilities vary in each hall. Students should request additional information from DRS or Residence Life and visit the halls to evaluate the facilities that best fit their needs before listing their housing preferences on the application.

Traditional residence halls are closed between semesters and during Spring break. Students who need to remain on campus during breaks should request housing in one of the extended contract facilities, Richardson Towers or Carpenter Complex.

Family Housing is available on the South Campus for students who will have a spouse or dependent children residing with them. The South Campus is located at Park Avenue and Getwell, approximately two miles from the main campus. Vehicular transportation is required between the South Campus and main campus.