Conference Travel Funding
You are encouraged to attend and present at professional conferences and events. To help you with this endeavor, funding opportunities exist at the Graduate Student Association, college, and program levels.
Graduate Student Association
Follow the steps on the Graduate Student Association website > to seek funding approval. Be cognizant of their deadlines. You may have to submit your application months prior to your conference.
College of Education
The College of Education also provides funding (up to three times over the course of your program). Follow these steps to seek approval.
- Talk with your program advisor prior to completing the application process.
- Complete the application (found on the faculty and staff resources page > as Student Conference Grant under the Research and Conferences heading.)
- Submit required materials four weeks prior to travel.
Our program also has limited funding for student travel. Guidelines for eligibility follow:
- Students must apply for funding at the college and Graduate Student Association levels prior to applying for funding at the program level.
- Conferences must be associated with the field of Instructional Design and Technology.
- Preference will be given to National/International over state/regional conferences.
- Preference will be given to first author presenters. However, travel requests for other author and no author proposals are considered.
- Students may receive funding once per academic year (based on fund availability).
To apply for funding, complete the student travel form >.
If you are approved to receive travel funds from the IDT program, you must complete the Estimated Travel Expense form > and submit it to the Office Associates in the ICL department.
Reimbursement for approved funding will process after travel concludes and you submit your itemized, paid receipts to the ICL Office Associates.
If you have any additional questions, please contact your advisor or email@example.com.