UofM Lambuth News and Community Events
M. D. Anderson Planetarium News
The M. D. Anderson Planetarium is located on the University of Memphis Lambuth Campus in the J. R. Hyde Science Hall at 299 Maple Street, Jackson, Tennessee (across from the Hamilton Performing Arts Center). The Planetarium is open for shows on Tuesday evenings at 5:30 pm; Kids' shows the second Friday of the month at 3:45 pm and the fourth Saturday of the month at 9:30 am; and by scheduled appointment. Beginning in September, we'll offer two additional showtimes: each Wednesday afternoon at 1:30 pm, and the last Tuesday of each month there will be an additional showing of our feature presentation at 6:30 pm. Call 731.425.7368 or email email@example.com for more information.
University of Memphis Lambuth M. D. Anderson Planetarium Public Show Schedule:
- Tuesday, December 10, 5:30 pm: "Season of Light"
- Wednesday, December 11, 1:30 pm: "Season of Light"
- Friday, December 13, 3:45 pm, Kids' After School Special Planetarium Show: "Seasonal Stargazing"
- Tuesday, December 17, 5:30 pm AND 6:30 pm: "Season of Light"
- Wednesday, December 18, 1:30 pm: "Season of Light"
- Tuesday, January 7, 5:30 pm: "Chronicle of a Journey to Earth"
No entrance fee, free parking in Oxley lot (follow signs on Maple Street), doors open 15 minutes before showtime. For safety reasons, no seating once IN USE lights are on, and no food or drink in the auditorium.
Please remember that if the University of Memphis Lambuth Campus is closed, any scheduled show at the M. D. Anderson planetarium will also be canceled. If you're not sure, call 731.425.7368 for closing announcements. Thanks for your understanding!
UofM Lambuth is a Level 2 Certified Arboretum as designated by the Tennessee Urban Forestry Council. Take a tour with our map.