Make an impact on learning.
The UM3D Instructional Impact team provides support in the design of hybrid and online instruction. Our goal is to guide you through the 3 d’s (design, development, and delivery) of technology-enhanced curricula, including: (a) needs assessments, (b) course planning and assessment alignment, (c) technology integration, (d) initial course implementation, and (e) course design evaluations.
SERVICESOur unit currently provides one-on-one consultations, group meetings, and departmental support through the following services:
- Guide for Online Developers (GOLD)
- UM3D Instructional Media Service
- UM3D Ignite Series for Hybrid and Online Faculty
- Online Student Success Initiative (OSSI)
- UofM Global Prospective Student Onboarding
- SmartStart Learner Readiness Assessment
- UofM Global Student Success Services and Orientation
Other areas of service include:
- online/hybrid teaching onboarding for GTAs and new faculty;
- application of analytics in the design and evaluation of instruction;
- identifying alternative pathways for instruction (competency-based instruction, prior learning assessments, and adaptive learning);
- translation of student success metrics into actionable course plans;
- identification of learner engagement strategies;
- implementation of universal design for learning (UDL);
- and evaluation of adult learner needs and readiness for online instruction.
Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your course design, development, and delivery needs. We look forward to working with you!
Technology training for instructional tools and accessible course materials (documents and eCourseware) is provided by the ITS Trainers in the Center for Teaching and Learning. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901.678.8888 to learn more.