Advising Load and Effectiveness
- Review advising responsibilities across campus, focusing on the effectiveness of our current advising system(s) and the corresponding accountability structure.
- Examine various advising strategies based on existing research, with a focus on the effectiveness of centralized vs. decentralized vs. hybrid models.
- Review research-based best practices for advising students; identify gaps, if any.
- Review available data on student satisfaction with advising (from existing surveys).
- Implement ‘quick hits’ where possible.
- Evaluate feasibility of changes to current advising system(s) and practices, and make recommendations regarding next steps. Recommendations need to be realistic given our current budget realities (i.e., no new positions).
- Case load numbers
- Survey results
- Narrative description of advising models by College
PROPOSED TIMELINE: April 2013 - September 2013
- Update on Quick Hits & Recommendations - September 2013
- Project Update - July 2013
- Quick Hits & Recommendations for Advising Effectiveness - June 2013
- Carl Chando, Academic Counseling Center
- Colette Williams, Process Improvement - Project Manager
- Karen Thurmond, Academic Advising & Degree Planning
- Iliana Ricelli, Team Lead, Human Resources
- Laura Wright, Undergraduate Programs, English
- Mary Brignole, University College
- Sandy Utt, Journalism
- Yolanda Fleming, Project Assistant
Phone: 901.678.2213 | E-mail: email@example.com