GA Reporting Team
Review current GA EPAF hyperion reports that are used by the Graduate Office, HR Records and Bursar Office for accuracy, additional information needed and outcomes. Create a new report that will benefit the departmental users who create GA eContracts and Banner EPAFs for ease of review and identifying discrepancies.
- Examine various advising strategies based on existing research, with a focus on the effectiveness of centralized vs. decentralized vs. hybrid models.
- Review research-based best practices for advising students; identify gaps, if any.
- Review available data on student satisfaction with advising (from existing surveys).
- Implement ‘quick hits’ where possible.
- Evaluate feasibility of changes to current advising system(s) and practices, and make
recommendations regarding next steps. Recommendations need to be realistic given our current budget realities (i.e., no new positions).
PROPOSED TIMELINE: April 2013 - May 2013
Team began meeting late April to review the current reports that exist in Hyperion. After a review of the Evisons' Argos reporting tool, the team decided to re-write exisitng reports and create the new request with Argos. With the ease of using the Argos reporting tool, the clients now have reports that are beneficial in identifying discrepancies between eContract and the Banner EPAF. Time savings will occur when researching problems by having this information easily available in one place. Below are the outcomes from this workteam:
- Bursar - 4 reports were combined into one report
- HR Records - 5 reports were combined into one report
- Graduate School - 4 reports were combined into one report
- Departmental Users - Comparison report created between eContract & EPAF
- New reports:
- Identify Duplicate Suffix errors
- EPAFs Terminaitons
- Departmental Approver 'Waiting for Approval' report - will be processed systematically and emailed on 15th of the month to the approver. This report will serve as a reminder that action needs to be taken in order for the student to recieve payment
- Argos Departmental user guide created how to process reports
- Identified two reports to be created for Accounting for auditing purposes
- Becky Ward, Electrical Computer Engineering
- Colette Williams, Team Lead, Process Improvement
- Farzana Alam, Business & Finance Support
- Gerald Hamilton, ITS, Enterprise Administrative Services
- Ilene Cooper, Bursar Office
- Jan Brownlee, Graduate School Services
- Latica Jones, Psychology
- Margaret Anne Jarred, Human Resources Employee Records
- Nichole McBride, ITS, Enterprise Administrative Services
- Patty Murry, Business & Finance Support Services
Phone: 901.678.2213 | E-mail: email@example.com