- July 1 for Fall Semester
- October 1 for Spring Semester
If your application is received after the deadline, it will be considered for the next available semester.
The TigerLIFE application is split into two parts. The first part is the primary application, which is where the applicant's information and family information will be, along with education history and additional information. The second part is the student recommendation form. This form is to be filled out by someone else who is knowledgeable about the applicant.
You can fill out the forms electronically and email them to us. Please save the PDF files to your computer, fill them out, and then send them as email attachments to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can print them out and mail them in to us at:
University of Memphis Institute on Disability
c/o Dr. Chrisann Schiro-Geist
100 Ball Hall
University of Memphis
Memphis, TN 38152
Additional documents required for admission into TigerLIFE include the following:
- Interview with Vocational Rehabilitation to determine eligibility for their services
- Official high school transcript (available after student has graduated)
- IEP (most recent IEP showing primary disability)
- Psychological/Behavioral or Educational Evaluations (within the past 3 years)
- References (Part 2 of the TigerLIFE application)
- FAFSA confirmation email (Federal financial assistance application online here)
- Step-Up Scholarship application (for recent TN high school graduates available online here)
- U of M Application (last 2 pages of the TigerLIFE application)
- U of M Application Fee Receipt
- Copy of state-issued photo ID