Student Advances in Anthropology Awards (SAAA)
[Updated 3/22/2022] The purpose of this award is to support student research and professional development. The award may be used to support research expenses for students in unpaid internship or practicum (e.g., field assistants, participant incentives, supplies, transcription, etc.), conference and workshop registration, and travel expenses for research or conference attendance (e.g., airfare, local travel, mileage, lodging, per diem). Travel costs for local research are eligible. Living expenses (e.g., rent, bills, health care, etc.) and student stipends cannot be covered through this grant.
Applicants can request up to $1000. However, total overall funds are limited to $5000/year to cover all student requests. Receipt of partial support should not be understood as reflective of the quality of the proposal, but rather a result of limited funds.
- Current major in anthropology.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
Submit the following:
- Short statement (1-2 paragraphs) summarizing your request
- Conference travel requests should include the name, date, and location of the conference and title/abstract for your presentation
- Research requests should include a short statement of the work.
- Simple budget & justification (how funds will be used)
- Send application to email@example.com with the subject line “SAAA Application”
- Deadline: 1st of February, March, April, May, October, and November.