New Students (No US Visa Status)
The checklist below is for any individual intending to enter the U.S. as an F-1 visa-holding student. To request an I-20, please click on the button below:
1. Complete all requirements for admission to Intensive English for Internationals program. This step is handled exclusively by the IEI Office for non-native English speakers interested in improving their English.
2. Upload your affidavit of support form with the banker's signature, or bank letter detailing funding, or any combination thereof to your I-20 application.
- Note that government sponsorship letters must specifically mention Intensive English for Internationals at the University of Memphis as the designated school for the student, and government sponsorship letters must cover one full year (12 months) of student costs if they will be used as the sole source of funding.
- Locate the affidavit of support here: https://www.memphis.edu/iei/pdfs/affidavitoffinancialsupport.pdf
3. Upload a scanned copy of your passport's data page, showing your name, date of birth, and passport expiration date to your I-20 application.
- Note that F-1 visa holders are required to maintain a passport that is at least 6 months from expiration while inside the U.S.
4. Our office is required to collect an address that is outside of the U.S. and that is an actual physical location.
5. If any spouse or underage child will come with you as F-2 dependents, please indicate this in your I-20 application.
- Note: If your dependents will come to the U.S. after you have received your I-20, please contact the IEI office for instructions.
Once all items are submitted, our office will process your I-20.