Event Space at McWherter Library
Are you planning an event or meeting? Request a space at the Ned! Use of space is free and open to all UofM faculty, staff and students. Use of spaces for other activities other than study must be approved in advance by the Libraries' Executive Director. For more information on space requirements or to request a space, fill out the Space Request Form at least 2 weeks in advance of planned activity. A separate form must be filled out for each date of an event series. We reserve the right to refuse any request for an event that does not abide by our requirements (see below), is not requested 2 weeks in advance, or which our staff are unable to accommodate for any reason. Check McWherter Library hours when scheduling an activity inside the library. Questions or concerns? Email email@example.com.
Event Space Requirements
- Please review current UofM updates & guidelines for COVID-19.
- Events involving paid atttendance and/or selling of anything are not permitted in our spaces.
- Seating & Tables
- The 2nd Floor Commons can accommodate up to 80 attendees (with added seating upon special request).
- The Rotunda can accommodate up to 100 attendees (with limited seating).
- Additional seating can only be made available if Libraries staff are free to accomodate the request.
- Existing tables and chairs may be moved to accommodate activity needs, but requestor is responsible for setup and cleanup of such changes unless otherwise requested.
- Tech Setup & Food
- The Libraries has a podium equipped with a mic and small amp available to set up inside McWherter on the 1st and 2nd floors upon request. Additional equipment is available at the Checkout Desk for the requestor to check out, set up, use, and return.
- If food will be served or equipment will be requested (laptop, podium/mic and/or projector), the event must be held Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. so a Libraries faculty or staff member can be available, OR the event must be sponsored by a Libraries faculty or staff member, who will be present throughout the event.
- Food & drink is allowed in all open spaces of McWherter Library, but requestor is responsible for setup and cleanup of all food and trash.
- Libraries' equipment & furniture is NOT available for outside events.
Ellipse (Grassy area behind McWherter Library): Perfect for large, casual gatherings.
Outside Entrance: Set up a table outside the library to advertise your organization, sell baked goods for fundraisers, and more.
Rotunda (1st Floor): Host a reception, have a speaker, set up an exhibit or display, and more.
2nd Floor Commons: Comfortable seating and projector, perfect for any kind of presentation or showing. If requested, a laptop will be provided along with projector setup. The furniture of the 2nd Floor Commons is only available as is, with a few minor adjustments/additions, such as moving chairs or adding a few tables.