Mechanical Engineering Accreditation Information
The Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (http://www.abet.org.).
Accreditation information in the University Catalog can be found here: https://catalog.memphis.edu/preview_entity.php?catoid=22&ent_oid=1354&returnto=1124.
Program Educational Objectives
The program educational objectives express expectations of the program graduates’ abilities within the first few years after successfully completing this comprehensive curriculum:
- Graduates are employed as mechanical engineers or in other professional fields that would benefit from a Mechanical Engineering education,
- Graduates pursue advanced studies or engage in life-long learning activities.
Constituencies: Organizations that currently employ alumni or ware identified by
the faculty of the program as potential employers of alumni.Revision Frequency: AnnualNext Revision Cycle: Fall 2021
Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will have demonstrated:
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
B S Mechanical Engineering Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Enrollment (FT/PT)||Degrees Awarded|
|2015-2016||294 (234/ 60)||29|
|2016-2017||343 (277/ 66)||45|
|2017-2018||343 (292/ 51)||38|
|2018-2019||329 (286/ 43)||39|
|2019-2020||316 (275/ 41)||44|
|2020-2021||295 (253/ 42)||37|