Dr. Mohamed Laradji
Biomembranes play an important role in virtually all life processes and are becoming an important research topic within industry as well. Biomembranes are studied both theoretically and numerically in the Physics Department through a variety of techniques, including Monte-Carlo computer simulations and Dissipative Particle Dynamics (DPD) simulations.
- 20 node, 3.06 GHz Pentium-4 Beowulf cluster.
- Access to a variety of medium to large scale computer clusters.
Examples of Ongoing Projects
- Bending properties of lipid bilayers
- Domain growth in lipid vesicles
- Polymer-membrane interactions
Above: Two snapshots from a DPD computer simulation of a two-component lipid vesicle.