Awards and Kudos
- Dr. Michael Sances - received the Michael K. Harless Faculty Excellence Award from the University of Memphis College of Arts and Sciences for 2018.
- Dr. Sharon Stanley - received a Professional Development Assignment for 2018-19.
- Dr. Shelby Grossman - received grants from the Economic Development Initiatives and the Centre for Economic Policy Research, 2018.
- Dr. Nicole Detraz- 2018 Alumni Association's Distinguished Research Award.
- Dr. Nicole Detraz & Dr. Dursun Peksen - are now editors of the International Studies Review.
- Dr. Nicole Detraz - 2017 Dunavant Professor Award.
- Dr. Matthias Kaelberer-received a Professional Development Assignment for Fall 2017.
- Rachell Davis - College of Art's & Sciences Dean's Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Student for 2016-2017.
- Dr. Sharon Stanley – 2016 University of Memphis Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Dr. Michael Sances – Russell Sage Foundation Grant.
- Dr. Nicole Detraz and Dr. Eric Groenendyk – Professional Development Assignments 2016/17.
- Dr. Eric Groenendyk – Best Paper in Political Psychology award from the American Political Science Association.
- Dr. Shelby Grossman – Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law at Stanford University.
Dr. Sharon Stanley – 2016 University of Memphis Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award
Dr. Michael Sances- Russel Sage Foundation Grant
Dr. Nicole Detraz and Dr. Eric Groenendyk – Professional Development Assignments 2016/17
Dr. Eric Groenendyk – Best Paper in Political Psychology award from the American Political Science Association.
Dr. Shelby Grossman – Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law at Stanford University.
Recent and forthcoming faculty publications:
- Stanley, Sharon (forthcoming 2015) "The Enduring Challenge of Racial Integration in the United States."
Du Bois Review.
- Peksen, Dursun (forthcoming 2015) "Media-driven Humanitarianism? News Media Coverage of Human Rights
Abuses and the Use of Economic Sanctions," International Studies Quarterly. (with Timothy M. Peterson and A. Cooper Drury)
- Kaelberer, Matthias (2014) "Sovereign Debt or Balance of Payments Crisis? Exploring the Structural Logic
of Adjustment in the Eurozone." Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies.
- Groenendyk, Eric (2014) "Emotional Rescue: How Emotions Help Partisans Overcome Collective Action
Problems." Political Psychology. (with Antoine J. Banks)
- Detraz, Nicole (2014) Environmental Security and Gender. Routledge.
- Mego, Paul (2014) "The Evolution of an Interdisciplinary Team-Taught Course." Journal of Social Sciences Research. (with David Dietrich)
- Peksen, Dursun (2014) "The Impact of Human Rights INGO Shaming on Humanitarian Intervention." Journal of Politics. (with Amanda Murdie)
- Detraz, Nicole and Leah Windsor. (2014) "Evaluating Climate Migration: Population Movement, Insecurity and Gender."
International Feminist Journal of Politics.
- Groenendyk, Eric. (2013) Competing Motives in the Partisan Mind: How Loyalty and Responsiveness Shape Party
Identification and Democracy. Oxford University Press.
- Lomax, J. Harvey. (2013) Political Philosophy Cross-Examined: Perennial Challenges to the Philosophic Life. Palgrave Macmillan. (with Thomas L. Pangle).
- Stanley, Sharon. (2013) "Toward a Reconciliation of Integration and Racial Solidarity." Contemporary Political Theory.