About the Student Health Center
The UofM Student Health Center aims to empower students to make informed healthy choices
and to take responsibility for a goal of lifelong wellness and to provide personalized
health services, education and disease prevention to a diverse
Benefits associated with utilizing health center services may include maintaining, restoring and/or improving the physical health and well being of our patients.
Medical services are available to all current University of Memphis students, faculty and staff. A current University of Memphis ID must be shown.
Visit our Health Center page to learn more details about accessing and utilizing the services available to you! For additional support, view our resources page at the upper navigation button for a wide of assortment of psychoeducation materials, health information, and more!
Health Center FAQ's
- The health center addresses short-term, acute illnesses and injuries. Patients with chronic, complex or recurrent medical conditions must continue to use their primary care physician for issues related to their chronic illness.
- Medical Services are available to all students, faculty and staff.
- Students may be seen during the semester in which they are enrolled (Fall, Spring,
Summer). A current University ID must be presented for admission. Students enrolled
in the previous Spring semester but not enrolled in the Summer semester, may pay an
access fee to be seen by a provider.
- Faculty and Staff are eligible for services and are charged a per visit access fee.
A current University ID must be presented for admission.
- Visitors on The University of Memphis campus are eligible for first aid only.
- Yes, an appointment is required. Patients may schedule an appointment and complete
the required forms by logging into your personal MyPatient Portal account with your university credentials. The link to your MyPatient Portal account is located on our website at https://www.memphis.edu/health/.
- the clinic provider will call before your visit to discuss your medical situation.
Please answer the phone call.
- the clinic provider will call before your visit to discuss your medical situation. Please answer the phone call.
- If you need assistance signing into your MyPatient Portal to select an appointment time, please call the Student Health Center at (901) 678-2287.
- On the day of your appointment, please log into your MyPatient Portal, scroll to Upcoming Appointment, click on the Check-In button and complete the required forms.
- Please log into your MyPatient Portal, scroll to Upcoming Appointment, and click on the Cancel button.
- If you miss your appointment time, you will not be able to be seen that day and will
need to reschedule.
- If you arrive 15 minutes or more after your appointment time, you will not be able to be seen that day and will need to reschedule.
- For any services rendered, that carry a charge or service fee, the amount(s) will be transferred to your TigerXpress account with the University & Student Business Services.
- The health center is staffed Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Appointments are available 9 AM to 3:30 PM.
- The clinic is closed weekends, holidays, and announced university closures.
- When the Student Health Center is Closed, help for emergency medical conditions will
be coordinated by the University of Memphis Police Services, pleasse dial 901.678.HELP
(4357) or 911.
- All patient medical records are confidential. This information is not released to any source, University or otherwise, without the written consent of the patient, except as required by law or court order. All medical records properly authorized for release will be mailed.
- Free HIV testing is available on campus. Information on specific days, times and
locations may be found at https://www.memphis.edu/health/clinics/sti.php
- STI testing is not available on campus. Testing is available at the Shelby County Sexual Health Clinic. Information on the clinic may be found at https://www.memphis.edu/health/clinics/sti.php
- Yes. The Family Planning Clinic, located inside the Student Health Center, provides
birth control information, devices, medications, and examinations by appointment only
on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. To schedule an appointment, please call the clinic
at (901) 678-5687.
- Services are provided by the Shelby County Public Health Department. Information on the clinic may be found at https://www.memphis.edu/health/familyplanning.php
- Yes. We have a digital x-ray system and an x-ray technician. The provider will evaluate your condition and determine if an x-ray is needed for your treatment.
- We have a Dispensary for the convenience of our students. The dispensary does not operate as a retail pharmacy. The dispensary only carries generic prescription medications and only dispenses medications ordered by the Student Health Center Nurse Practitioners.
- We strive throughout the year to prioritize client care and outreach programming. Unfortunately, due to current service demands, we are unable to accommodate requests to interview SHCS staff for class assignments. Please note that our website contains a great deal of information about our services, resources for students, etc. Other helpful resources may include the Center for Collegiate Mental Health, the Jed Foundation, the Steve Fund, Active Minds, and NAMI.
- Requests for interviews related to news articles should be directed to the Department of Marketing and Communication.