Design. Develop. Deliver.
The UM3D instructional design and technology team assists faculty with creating quality online, on ground, and hybrid courses for the University of Memphis. Our wide array of services will help you reach students wherever they may be.
To do this, we build on the 3 Ds of Instructional Design: Design, Develop, and Deliver
Training Videos & Professional Development Recordings
Our YouTube channel contains playlists of Canvas training videos and recordings of past professional development webinars
Course Design and Planning
Course design and planning services are at the heart of UM3D. Our instructional designers work one-on-one with course developers to produce quality instruction. This process often begins when:
- a department proposes a new fully online program
- when faculty propose a new online course
- when it is time to redesign an existing online course
UM3D also consults and collaborates with faculty to:
- integrate student success services
- improve student's online readiness
- research course analytics
- implement universal design for learning (UDL)
Please contact us today at email@example.com to begin planning your project.
Instructional Media and Content Development
UM3D believes students deserve courses developed with learning in mind. We use the latest in online learning tools and media to promote learner engagement and meet diverse learning needs.
High Quality Course Delivery
UM3D encourages instructors to deliver engaging media through professional development opportunities. We help you use tools that increase student success and maximize your presence in the course. We also provide opportunities for you to connect with our team and other developers across campus.
UM3D supports instructional delivery with:
- Winter Summit: annual professional development
- Summer Institute: annual professional development
- Coffee with an Instructional Designer: instructional design series
- Ignite: our fall and spring faculty learning series
- Weekly Remote Canvas Technical Trainings
- One-on-one developer consultations to help integrate technology and the latest in learning theory
Need help with technology training and technology support? Technology training and support is provided by the ITS Trainers in the Center for Teaching and Learning. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901.678.8888 to learn more.