Design. Develop. Deliver.
The UM3D instructional design and technology team assists faculty with creating quality online, on ground, and hybrid courses for the University of Memphis, including proving support and training in the use of the university's learning management system, Canvas.
Our wide array of services help instructors reach their students wherever they may be.
To do this, we build on the 3 Ds of Instructional Design: Design, Develop, and Deliver.
Course Design and Planning
Course design and planning services are at the heart of UM3D. Our instructional designers work one-on-one with course developers to produce quality instruction. This process often begins when:
- a department proposes a new fully online program
- when faculty propose a new online course
- when it is time to redesign an existing online course
UM3D also consults and collaborates with faculty to:
- improve academic integrity
- increase instructor presence and student engagement
- update and improve single assignments
- integrate student success services
- implement universal design for learning (UDL)
Please contact us today at email@example.com to begin planning your project.
Canvas & Beyond Content Development
UM3D believes students deserve courses developed with learning in mind. We use the latest in online learning tools and media to promote learner engagement and meet diverse learning needs. Learn and expand your skills with Canvas in our Zoom training sessions, explore Open Educational Resources, and connect your course with LTIs and more.
High Quality Course Delivery
UM3D encourages instructors to deliver engaging media through professional development opportunities. We help you use tools that increase student success and maximize your presence in the course. We also provide opportunities for you to connect with our team and other developers across campus.
UM3D supports instructional delivery with:
- Winter Summit: annual professional development
- Summer Institute: annual professional development
- Coffee with an Instructional Designer: instructional design series
- Ignite: our fall and spring faculty learning series
- Weekly Remote Canvas Technical Trainings
- One-on-one developer consultations to help integrate technology and the latest in learning theory
The UM3D team of Technology Trainers and Instructional Designers are here to help you succeed.