University of Memphis Photo
Apply for admission
Meet your counselor
Request information
Visit Campus
Sign-up for events
Ricky KirbyStudent Spotlight

Ricky Kirby
Dyersburg, TN
Supply Chain Management

My favorite place on campus is the Involvement Zone! It’s a great place to meet people, study or just hang out. Getting to know people through involvement led to my decision to run for Student Government President.

Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act

Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act

Approved in fall 2012, this new Tennessee law applies to students interested in enrolling at a college or university within the State of Tennessee.  Basically, students who wish to receive any form of state or federal benefits must provide documentation that proves they are otherwise eligible for those benefits.  The kinds of benefits that are directly impacted include, but are not limited to: in-state tuition, Tennessee Hope Lottery Scholarships, state-funded waivers and scholarships, Academic Common Market tuition benefits, and financial aid packages that make the University of Memphis more affordable.  State benefits do not include privately funded tuition assistance such as those supported through the University Foundation or another private endowed scholarship.  This law applies to all levels of collegiate study (undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools) and includes both Tennessee residents and non-residents alike as needing to provide one of these documents.

Satisfying the Eligibility Verification Entitlements Act (EVEA) can be accomplished in many ways.  See the listing of options below.  The need to verify your eligibility does not affect your admissibility to the University of Memphis, but it can play a significant role in how your tuition may be set.

Admitted students should visit the EVEA Documentation Submission page to upload a scanned copy of any one of the accepted forms of documentation listed below. You will need your University of Memphis e-mail account and password to log-in.

  • The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - preferred;
  • A valid state issued driver’s license or photo identification license (except for Utah and New Mexico);
  • An official birth certificate issued by a U.S. state, jurisdiction or territory, except for Puerto Rican birth certificates issued before July 1, 2010;
  • A U.S. government-issued certified birth certificate;
  • A valid, unexpired U.S. passport;
  • A U.S. certificate of birth abroad (DS-1350 or FS-545);
  • A report of birth abroad of a citizen of the U.S. (FS-240);
  • A certificate of citizenship (N560 or N561);
  • A certificate of naturalization (N550, N570, or N578); or
  • A U.S. citizen identification card (I-197, I-179).

EVEA Submit

If you have questions, feel free to e-mail the Office of Admissions at or call 901-678-2111.

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Admissions | Financial Aid | Registrar | Scholarships
Office of Admissions | 204 Wilder Tower | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901-678-2111 | Email Us
Last Updated: 10/23/14