(Above Image 1) Laura Lawson's artwork "Memphis" received The President's Purchase Award for the 34th Annual Juried Student Exhibition in 2017. Kelly Cook won the 2018 award! (Above Image 2) The 35th Annual Juried Student Exhibition remains on view now through March 17th. AMUM resumes its Monday through Saturday, 9am-5pm schedule.
Egyptian Gallery currently closed TBA. Students delivering work for the 35th Annual Juried Student Exhibition may come today Tuesday (January 23) - Friday (January 26) during normal hours of operation, though we are not open to the general public. Accepted library entries should be delivered to library front desk at address specified in your notification acceptance email.
Welcome to the Art Museum
Come visit AMUM! It's always free. Bring yourself for a quiet stroll through the galleries; come with family and friends, or book a guided tour for your organization What will you find?
• Mummies, statues, jewels, tools, among hundreds of fascinating objects in our ancient Egyptian gallery,
• Masks, warriors, ceremonial objects, and ornaments in our African gallery
• Prints and drawings and other works in our 20th and 21st century collections,
• Exhibitions by visiting artists, often with UofM and community collaborators,
• Experimental art installations in ArtLab.
Every day is a good day to visit AMUM, but Saturdays are especially pleasant, because the beautiful UofM campus is calm and parking in the Central lot is free.