Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DEI Committee Mission Statement
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee seeks to cultivate and support diversity, equity, and inclusion through creative expression and communication. The scope of this committee will cover matters related to race, ethnicity, class, faith, gender, sexual orientation, age, and mental and/or physical ability. The committee will provide space for action, advocacy, and dialogue on relevant issues and suggest recommendations to the college leadership in support of making the College of Communication and Fine Arts a safe, accessible, and inclusive learning and working environment for faculty, staff, and students.
- Suggest ways in which to develop inclusivity and equality within the CCFA
- Develop community partnerships with relevant organizations
- Provide a platform for people to direct concerns
- Facilitate constructive discussion among the CCFA community
- Promote and arrange activities and opportunities that develop and advocate diversity, equity, and inclusivity
- Write a commitment to diversity statement
- Generate an annual CCFA diversity, equity, and inclusion survey that will be shared with the college
- Develop a mentorship program for underrepresented faculty, staff, and students
- Stimulate creative expression of diverse voices
- Celebrate and critically engage diverse voices in the CCFA
For more information on the CCFA DEI Committee at the University of Memphis, email firstname.lastname@example.org.