Outstanding Research Award Guidelines
This award is intended to recognize a graduate student at each program level (one Master's and one Doctoral) who demonstrates an exceptional level of academic research throughout the student's graduate studies at the University. The winners will receive a small monetary award, a plaque, and recognition at the annual U of M Honors Assembly.
Award Nomination Process
- The chair of each department will send out the call early February
- The nominated student should submit a curriculum vitae highlighting their scholarly research, a research narrative, and a maximum of 1 representative sample
- The student nominations should be reviewed by the departmental awards committee and the final recommendations should be forwarded to the department chair
- The chair will forward one Master's program recommendation and one Doctoral program recommendation to the CCFA Associate Dean.
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae highlighting research
- Research Narrative
- Maximum of 1 representative sample