Other Security Tips
- Never give out personal information (e.g., Student ID #) in email or on an insecure web page.
- Back up your data to an encrypted CD, DVD, USB Thumb Drive or External Hard Drive and store it in a secure location.
- Never execute files received as an attachment or downloaded from an unknown source.
- Clear your browser’s cache often.
- Keep your chat room and Instant Messenger profiles blank, and never provide personal contact information.
- If you think your computer or your account has been compromised, contact the helpdesk, your LSP, or the University of Memphis security personnel.
- Visit the UOM Security information page http://cfia.memphis.edu/ for the latest in Security Information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION download this pdf. Right click and select "Save Target As".