The 51st Annual Mid-South Conference on Communicative Disorders was held March 25-26, 2021 and was our first virtual conference. The strong clinical focus of the conference attracts professionals from throughout the United States as well as graduate and undergraduate students in the field of communication sciences and disorders. The theme of the conference was "Facing the Future - Together".
Audiology Invited Speakers
Devin McCaslin, Ph.D.
Kelly Baroch, Au.D.
Holly Teagle, Au.D.
Todd Ricketts, Ph.D
Speech-Language Pathology Invited Speakers
Julie Washington, Ph.D.
Shameka Stanford, Ph.D., CCC-SLP/L
Hema Desai, M.S., CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Katie Strong, Ph.D. CCC-SLP
Antje Mefferd, Ph.D.
Tommie L. Robinson, Jr., Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Here is the link to the Conference brochure.
Here is a link to the registration form suitable for mailing.
Here is the Eventbrite link for registration.
Additional documents available for download:
More information is coming soon!
Handouts for 2021 sessions (the password will be sent to registered attendees) - updated 3/25/2021
- MS-2 - Clinical Supervision in a Global Pandemic:The Good, the Bad, and Avoiding the Ugly
- MS-4 - Incorporating Speech Perception Assessments With Your Patients: Are You Doing Enough?
- MS-9 - Transformation Through Story Workshop
- MS 12 - Social Communication Group fpr People who Need People
- MS 15 - Dysphagia Management in Acute Care: Cliffs Notes
- MS-17 - Epidemiology and Audiology: How Information About the Population Helps Guide Individual Treatment
- MS 29 - Integrating Multiple Feeding Strategies to Improve Outcomes in Pediatric Feeding Disorders
- MS-30 - The Clinical Education Process: Expectations, Challenges, and Rewards
Posters for 2021 (the password will be sent to registered attendees) - updated 3/22/2021
- MS-19 - Interprofessional Education: What Students Want
- MS-21 - Surveying Professional Perspectives on Binaural Integration in Hearing Aid Users
- MS-22 - Evaluating Perceptions of Hearing Devices
- MS-24 - Noise Levels in the OR and Their Impact on Job Performance and Speech Perception
- MS-26 - Valence Ratings of General Threat and Stuttering-Related Words in School-Age Children w/ and w/o Stuttering Disorders
- MS-27 - Social Participation in Elementary Students with TBI: Is There an Association with Persistent Cognitive Deficits as Reported by Parents?
Thanks go out to this year's exhibitors!