How do I join the River City Partnership?
Step 1: Get Started
- I have filled out the RCP Interest Form> to receive up-to-date information about RCP
I have explored the RCP website> to learn more about which courses I will take
Step 2: Apply to UofM
(Applications for following year open early August)
- I have followed UofM Application checklist> to make sure all materials for admission application are submitted
Step 3: Apply to RCP Scholarship
- I have asked two school officials (e.g., teacher, principal, school counselor, coach) or community members for letters of recommendation before beginning my application.
- I have started writing my scholarship essay (250-500 word) that describes my interest in becoming a River City Teacher Scholar and teaching in Memphis
- I have proofread my essay and it's ready to submit
- I have filled out the general scholarship application in Tiger Scholarship Manager> (priority consideration Nov. – Feb. 1)
- I have applied for the River City Partnership Sedgwick Scholars Scholarship> through scholarship manager (priority consideration Nov. – Feb.)
- I have uploaded my completed letters of recommendation and scholarship essay as I filled out the application (priority deadline is Feb. 1)
- I have searched for and applied for other scholarships that I am eligible to receive
Step 4: What Can I Expect After Applying?
- I have been contacted by RCP faculty to schedule an interview 1-2 weeks after applying to the scholarship
- I have continued to check my UofM email for information about next steps, events and communications
- I have followed the College of Education and RCP on social media
- COE Twitter @umeducation
- COE Instagram @uofmeducation
- RCP Instagram @uofmrcp901