MA in Composition Studies
The Composition Studies Concentration is designed to prepare instructors and practitioners of composition. The program includes courses in:
- Composition history and theory
- Studies of specific theorists
- Applications to writing, editing, and collaboration
Courses in the program emphasize:
- Writing and editing to achieve specific purposes and address specific audiences
- Using writing as a tool for learning
- Working collaboratively to solve problems
- Evaluating the findings of empirical research in composition studies
- Applying contemporary theory to the teaching of composition
For more information about the MA in Composition Studies program requirements, visit
the Graduate Catalog.
Ready to write your own future?