Register for Upcoming Classes:
We have completed our pilot training course for the cloud native tenet in partnership with Pivotal. We are planning our next offerings in partnership with the cloud native dojo and plan to have more offerings as soon as Fall 2018.
Microservices are becoming a software and organization pattern for delivering business value quickly. Spring Boot and Spring Cloud are a powerful combination for building modern architecture that leverage industry test technologies like distributed configuration, services discovery and circuit breakers.
The 2-day Spring Cloud Services course provides participants with a background on why Cloud Native and microservices are important to adding business value quickly. The course leverages Spring Boot and Spring Cloud to solve the challenges associated with running a distributed, microservice based architecture. Participants will also explore the value that a Platform-as-a- Service, such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, adds in the microservices-based world.
Two days of instructor-led training.
FedEx Institute of Technology, 365 Innovation Drive. Memphis, TN 38152 | Room 225
Developers interested in learning how to construct cloud-native applications using the Spring Cloud family of projects.
- Java Spring experience
- Spring Boot experience
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand the following:
- Cloud Native Architecture
- Organizational changes required to implement a Cloud Native Architecture
- Distributed configuration using Spring Cloud Config
- Services Discovery using Spring Cloud Eureka
- Client Side Load Balancing using Ribbon
- Circuit Breakers using Spring Cloud Hystrix
- Using Spring Cloud Services on PCF
- Why build Cloud Native apps?
- Cloud Native Changes
- Cultural changes
- Organization changes
- Technical changes
- Spring Boot and Pivotal Cloud Foundry Primer
- Building a simple Spring Boot App with Backing Database
- Deploying to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Cloud Native Design
- Overview of microservices
- Spring Cloud
- Configuration management with Spring Cloud Config
- Service discovery with Spring Cloud Netflix Eureka
- Client side load balancing with Spring Cloud Netflix Ribbon
- Circuit breakers with Spring Cloud Netflix Hystrix
- Circuit breaker metric aggregation with spring cloud Netflix turbine
Location: FedEx Institute of Technology, 365 Innovation Drive, room 225
Duration: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST
The class is an intensive two day experience. We ask that attendees bring their own laptops in order to follow along with the class presentations. Lunch and snacks are provided both days; if you have dietary restrictions please indicate these when you register. The rooms can be cool, so please dress accordingly. Parking is provided for the garage next to the FedEx Institute of Technology located on innovation drive. You will receive your validations during the class.
If you have any additional questions please let us know at email@example.com.