Apply for Graduate Admissions

Thank you for choosing the University of Memphis to pursue your graduate degree! 

For more information about the Graduate School's additional offerings in response to COVID-19, such as GRE/GMAT waivers, please visit the Graduate School's COVID-19 Response Page >

Select the option below that best suits you. If you have any questions on the application process, contact us directly.

student in front of Graduate School Sign

Apply to Grad School

Start or complete your application

How to Apply >
professor and student doing research with microscope

Re-enroll in Grad School

For those absent for more than one full semester.

How to Re-enroll >
student working with automation robot

Change Your Major

Already accepted to grad school but want to change programs?

Change Major >
Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law

Change Start Date

Already accepted but need to push your starting semester?

Delay Start >


Apply to Graduate School

If you are interested in starting a new graduate program at the UofM, please select the application that corresponds with your program of interest and desired start date:

Applicants to School of Communication Sciences and Disorders - Apply for Fall 2022 >

To apply to our Joint Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC). Visit our Application Portal >

All Other College/School Applicants - Apply for Summer or Fall 2022 >

Re-enroll in a Graduate Program

If you were previously enrolled in a graduate program at the UofM and would like to resume your studies in the same program, choose an option below:

College of Education Students - Re-enroll by emailing your department advisor - View Contact Listing >

All Other College/School Students - Re-enroll for Summer or Fall 2022 >

Change Your Major

If you have been previously enrolled but would like to change to a new major please check with the academic department you wish to join before completing the form linked below. They may wish for you to log back into your electronic application and submit an updated application to their program.

College of Education Students - Re-enroll by emailing your department advisor - View Contact Listing >

All Other Majors - Change your major for Summer/Fall 2022 >

Change Your Starting Semester

If you have been accepted for a particular semester but you want to change your starting semester:

College of Education Students - Change date by emailing your department advisor - View Contact Listing >

All Other Students - Complete Change of Semester Form >

Need Help?

  • Your chosen major's academic department (check the web directory) can help you to:
    • Obtain more information about admission requirements, test score requirements, application deadlines, etc.
    • Answer questions related to the content of your application.
  • For application navigation questions, or if you are having technical difficulty, please contact Graduate Admissions Customer Service at 617.612.2943 (8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday) or email: uofmgradunicas@liaisoncas.com.
  • Helpful information can also be found on our FAQ site.
  • The status of your application can be found within your application. After logging in, click on the "Check Status" link on the upper right corner of your electronic application.
  • For all other inquiries, please contact the Graduate School.

Important Notes

  • The Graduate School at the University of Memphis does not waive application fees; however, you are more than welcome to request this from the program you are applying to. Our programs can cover the cost of the application fee if they want to. You may want to send them your information about your qualifications so they can make that decision. You can find the best contact to reach out to by accessing our graduate degree program directory.
  • If you have submitted and paid for a graduate application at any time in the past, you do not need to pay for another.  You can receive an application fee coupon code by emailing gradcoupon@memphis.edu.
  • No financial aid is available for the Non-Degree program.
  • If you are interested in the Intensive English for Internationals, please review the IEI program application page.