Constance Baker Motley Mock Trial Competition
This team is comprised of members of BLSA (Black Law Students Association) who want to learn and practice trial advocacy skills. This competition allows you to practice skills such as opening and closing arguments, direct and cross examinations of witnesses, arguing pre-trial motions, objections, and offering evidence. Team members get to practice on both sides of the action until teams of two are selected to be prosecution or defense.
This competition is held in January of every year at the NBLSA convention. Attorneys Kenneth Walker (Lewis Thomason) and Will Perry (Butler Snow) coach the team.
For information on this competition and past issues please visit the competition website.
- Faith Sanford, Brandon Boykin, Kioni Logan, Christian West-Coleman (2015-16)
- Topic: Criminal—murder, with a focus on causation issues
- Places traveled:
- Durham, North Carolina (2016)
A student's perspective:
"Our coaches were energetic and were able to give us positive advice at each practice. Participation on this team is a challenging, yet rewarding experience for anyone looking to grow as an attorney."
- Christian West-Coleman
Recent Mock Trial Team Competition Past Achievements:
- Regional Finalists 2015 -Brittany Williams, Jana Mitchell competed at the National Level in 2015.
- Regional Finalist 2010-2011
- National Champions 2010-2011
- Regional Second Place - 2010